I play a schecter c-1 classic through a peavey classic thirty, and when i play an E (on the low E string or A string) i get a strange buzzing noise.

I find it strange because it is only when i play E s, only on those two strings, only with distortion, and only on my neck pickup.

Does anyone have any insight?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
you might have a loose screw or tube rattle from the extra bass
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
then why would it occur on a 12th fret E?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
maybe it's just one of those weird circumstances where a certain frequency makes it rattle.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
that could be the frequency making it rattle.

if it was with both pickups, then i;d say maybe you've got a dent in that fret. but you're saying it's only with the neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

yeah, could it just be something ridiculous like only the neck pickup catches the overtone that makes it rattle?

The other argument against a dented fret besides it only being with the neck pick up is that the buzzing is with 0 on the low E 12 ont he low E or 7 on the A string
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
make the noise and touch amp screws and parts, see if it stops.

(dont touch hot tubes).

i have a buzz on my last amp just like that. one turn of a screw made it stop.

also check your intonation. make sure that string is spot on, changing the tuning a little might move things around a bit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

that was happening on my vox ad30vt, and it was just the handle rattling, so i put two little pieces of tape there, and it fixed it
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
there have been several post about the same thing on a peavey amps...........seems to be a common issue with peavey stock power tubes. the vk i owned for 3 days did it very bad with a g note or cord. it nearly drove me insane. google "peavey tube's rattling" .................... your not alone.