http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTprVZYAVkc

Maybe he has it cranked? But I'm sick of my roadster, I usually play it at low volumes in my house and it sounds all fizzy.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
It's probably cranked, mesas are sort of notorious for need to be cranked to sound their fullest. Playing a roadster in a house is a might bit of overkill. Unless you need the power for gigging you might want to think about another amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
All my friends that I used to jam with are graduating soon and not wanting to jam, I was thinking today of selling it and buying a avatar 1x12 cab and an orange tiny terror.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

thats the "typical" boogie sound. Just turn it on dude
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
now that, is the tone of what mesa should sound like. unlike my dual rectifier. which sounds like a garbage truck half of the time
Quote by timi_hendrix
All valve amps will sound fizzy at low volumes.

False.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kayman121
False.

ok, badly worded.

All valve amps, without an attenuator, played at very low volumes, with high gain levels, will sound fizzy.

Bring that ENGL round to my house and prove me wrong.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
ok, badly worded.

All valve amps, without an attenuator, played at very low volumes, with high gain levels, will sound fizzy.

Bring that ENGL round to my house and prove me wrong.

I can't tell if that last line is sarcasm or not since ENGLs are noted for sounding superb at lower volumes

Also when you get THAT specific, I tend to agree. My "low volume" tube amp volume is equivalent of a volume that fills a 3 story home.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by kckyle
now that, is the tone of what mesa should sound like. unlike my dual rectifier. which sounds like a garbage truck half of the time

same here.

btw. is it normal to have a loud POP sound when ever you switch from channel 2 to 1 or 3-2? i called up mesa and they said it was static discharge and i can't do anything about it
Well, they guy in the video is playing a quality guitar for one. That helps. Also, he probably has the master volume set pretty high and is keeping the channel volume low. This will yeild a thicker tone and less fizz when playing at lower volume levels. The Roadster eq section is active. So keep those dial somewhat high when playing quiet. If they aren't, the ouput will be cut down and the amp will sound dull and uninspiring. Boosting Roadsters and Rectifiers with an OD pedal will also help get better high gain tones at low volume levels.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by kckyle
btw. is it normal to have a loud POP sound when ever you switch from channel 2 to 1 or 3-2? i called up mesa and they said it was static discharge and i can't do anything about it

What works for me is going through all the channels when the amp is on standby and it seems to help