Poll: Which would you choose based on my info?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which would you choose based on my info?
Jackson RR24 (Wait it out!)
12 60%
Alexi-600
2 10%
Alexi-600 (Pink is badass!)
6 30%
Voters: 20.
Ok so here's the deal so far. I've around $1520 to spend on a new guitar. I was originally looking for a RR shape with an OFR and 24 frets, which led me to the RR24, now I've looked everywhere in Manitoba, and a few Canadian music warehouses, and nobody can get them in until around Christmas to next year.

So I searched around for a guitar about the same specs and style, which led me to the LTD Alexi-600. I found a store nearby that has an Alexi-600 SE in stock, the pink one, looks kind of badass in it's own way and has an unfinished neck, but they're getting an Alexi-600 in white sometime during the month. Now I'm sure most of you know how hard waiting for a new piece of gear is so my main question is, should I wait until Christmas and hopefully grab an RR24, grab an Alexi-600 SE this weekend, or get an Alexi-600 in white?

My main concerns with the Alexi's though are that the neck on the 600 SE feels nicer, but the finish may be distracting to some, whereas the neck doesn't feel as smooth to me on the 600 but the finish is more subtle. Catch my drift? Just so you all know, I would jump at the opportunity to get an RR24 but unfortunately no go until next year almost. Any advice is very welcome. Thanks!
Don't have paypal or any sort of credit card otherwise I would be looking. Online shopping is pretty tough for me to do.
You have debit card?
Deposit your money into the bank, open a paypal (it's free), link your bank account to your paypal, and you're done.
Bottom line with guitars is this - many of them look cool. Not many play beautifully.

If you get ag uitar, get it becuase of how it plays and sounds, not because of how it looks.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Bottom line with guitars is this - many of them look cool. Not many play beautifully.

If you get ag uitar, get it becuase of how it plays and sounds, not because of how it looks.

I've owned 2 Jackson RR's, an RR5 and currently and RR5FR, and I'm looking for the same style with different specs. I've not once bought a guitar because of how it looks. That's why I'm thinking about getting the 600 SE since it has an unfinished neck, which I find doesn't stick to your hands as much.
Quote by Randy Bobandy
Why don't you just drive up to Winnipeg and start hitting the local music shops?

I live about 3 1/2 hours away and I don't own my own vehicle as of yet. I've done the next best thing, I've called every music store I could find in Winnipeg and asked if any of them had an RR24. Pretty much every store I inquired into had an RR24M, with the maple fretboard. I'm not a fan of maple fretboards, I find that they are too bright and somewhat sticky as well.
Why dont you get a nice KV2 USA with that money? Way better than what you suggest. Ok, its not really an RR shape, but its a bloody Jackson USA. And its a V. And it has 24 frets and an OFR.
You should shop second hand though to get it, but with 1500$, im sure you will find it.

I mean: look at it! Its gorgeous!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Oct 8, 2008,
Damn man, that thing is sexy. I would jump at the opportunity to buy it, but I can't do online shopping as I stated before. I will have to phone around quite a bit and see if I can find anything.