i'm looking to buy a delay pedal

idk which is better

the Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man Delay with Hazarai Pedal

or

MXR M169 Carbon Copy Analog Delay Guitar Effects Pedal
both are great. what kind of delay are you looking for.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
The EHX has more features. It can do everything the MXR can do, plus a hell of a lot of other things.

I was looking at the MXR for awhile (among others), and I decided to get a Memory Man with Hazarai instead.
The carbon copy is pretty basic, its a nice sounding analog delay, and thats pretty much all it is. The Memory Man with Hazarai, is a digital delay with a ton of features, its has a tap built in, a looper, as well as a ton of other cool things, although I would never use half of the things its capable of. Really It all depends on what your wanting, a very basic delay, or somthing thats has alot of features/ bells and whisles. Personally I really like, and need a tap tempo, everything else on a delay pedal is pretty much unneeded. Also there are other delays that are good as well that have some nice features as well. Look into the Boss DD-5, DD-6, or DD-7, the Ibenez analog delay, possible the line6 DL4 as well.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
EHX Pwns the other out of the water
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Johnbryant
. Also there are other delays that are good as well that have some nice features as well. Look into the Boss DD-5, DD-6, or DD-7, the Ibenez analog delay, possible the line6 DL4 as well.

DL4 Looper is useless, and that's what makes it cost so much.
Quote by greyskyeyes
DL4 Looper is useless, and that's what makes it cost so much.

the dl4 looper is actually a really good tool. Great for practicing and putting songs together. and no thats not why it costs so much.
Quote by greyskyeyes
DL4 Looper is useless
You speaketh teh blasphemy!!

Wash your mouth out.

I'd much rather have the Carbon Copy.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
You speaketh teh blasphemy!!

Wash your mouth out.

I'd much rather have the Carbon Copy.

The carbon copy would be great for classic rock, but i personally dont like to use analog delays with metal. youll want to have the verstility if you play a bunch of genres. also the loop feature on the exh and dl4 are great. pretty much have a jam sesh with yourself at any time and you can work on your soloing and such.
Quote by sg622
the dl4 looper is actually a really good tool. Great for practicing and putting songs together. and no thats not why it costs so much.

I own the damn thing, and the loops gradually go out of time. It's really very poorly designed, and that does add a good 80-100 bucks to the price.
memory man if you want advanced, mxr if you want simple
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by greyskyeyes
I own the damn thing, and the loops gradually go out of time. It's really very poorly designed, and that does add a good 80-100 bucks to the price.

learn how to use it properly. never had an issue with mine.