ive been playing guitar since mid june and i am just finishing learning cant stop-RHCP, tho i have been learning other riffs and scales, is this bad, ive been argueing with my dad that im not doing bad, am i doing slowly, im only struggling on one part because it plays like
some stuff like that but repettitive
E
B 12 12 7
G 12 11 7
D 14 then some easier 12 9
A 14 12 9
E
4X
but thats about the only part

just move the 12 and 9 under the things that follow suit
Last edited by joe smith1234 at Oct 7, 2008,
Quote by AcousticSlayer
Everyone matures at their own pace. Do you take lessons?

sorta, once a week i have lessons for a half hour, and he usually just writes tabs up, goes through them, or shows me scales, or music theory
First calmly ask your dad to lay off. You cannot MAKE yourself improve (well you can, but you need to keep it really fun now). Everyone gets better at their own pace.

And to be honest, I've been playing since late August 07 and I still haven't learned one complete song. Not because I can't, because I just don't find it fun to learn other peoples songs. Making my own stuff is more fun for me.
Quote by edusty2010
First calmly ask your dad to lay off. You cannot MAKE yourself improve (well you can, but you need to keep it really fun now). Everyone gets better at their own pace.

And to be honest, I've been playing since late August 07 and I still haven't learned one complete song. Not because I can't, because I just don't find it fun to learn other peoples songs. Making my own stuff is more fun for me.

yeah that's your number one problem. my parents discourage me greatly to lay off the guitar and pick up my violin again. they think i might end up as one of these subway performers
Quote by kckyle
yeah that's your number one problem. my parents discourage me greatly to lay off the guitar and pick up my violin again. they think i might end up as one of these subway performers

Exactly. I guarantee to you Joe (TC), if you did Vai's ten hour workout every day or even every other day for a month you'd improve by leaps and bounds. But I'd be willing to put all the money I have in my gear fund up on the fact that you would soon drop the guitar and HATE it with a burning passion. Why? Because it has to be fun. I LOVE the guitar. With every fiber of my entity, I LOVE the guitar. But even I can't play that much in one day. If I put in 8 hours, I'm starting to not like it myself. Don't push yourself. Let things happen naturally.
Quote by edusty2010
Exactly. I guarantee to you Joe (TC), if you did Vai's ten hour workout every day or even every other day for a month you'd improve by leaps and bounds. But I'd be willing to put all the money I have in my gear fund up on the fact that you would soon drop the guitar and HATE it with a burning passion. Why? Because it has to be fun. I LOVE the guitar. With every fiber of my entity, I LOVE the guitar. But even I can't play that much in one day. If I put in 8 hours, I'm starting to not like it myself. Don't push yourself. Let things happen naturally.

or have a goal. the aching of showing off on the next school talent show has driven me to new high. the thoughts of getting the crowd going has given me a new motivation