Page 1 of 3
Yeah well you guys all heard about or have heard about the disco burnings in late 70's/early 80's...

Well me and a friend are planning a Rap Sucks Burning haha, we're throwing a music festival next summer for 6 days (monday - saturday). It'll go like this:

Monday: 60's covers
Tuesday: 70's covers
Wendsday: 80's covers
Thursday - Saturday is all originals.

We're gonna have food stands, a mini arcade (like space invaders, pac man, galaga, and a pinball machine or two), a stage of course, like twenty or so bands from around the KC metro area and we'll go along like that.

We're gonna ask all the rap haters to bring a rap cd and then we're going (on the last day, saturday) to take them down to this empty lot in the country, with all the people that go to the festival, throw them in a dumpster and burn them kinda like the Disco Sucks One...

its gonna be awesome just thought I'd tell you, who else thinks rap sucks?
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Go for it(?)
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
And ignorance takes the lead over musical equality once again...
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Not really. There's quite a bit of good rap/hip hop out there. This event sounds incredibly douchey.
Don't you DARE call rap music...
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by tremeloud
And ignorance takes the lead over musical equality once again...

Oh c'mon, I think this would be good fun, besides...mainstream rap and hip hop is absolutely deadful. Besides, if they did it to disco, which in my opinion was decent music, why can't it be done to rap?
I like hip hop. Bite me.
Quote by Eric 666
Oh c'mon, I think this would be good fun, besides...mainstream rap and hip hop is absolutely deadful. Besides, if they did it to disco, which in my opinion was decent music, why can't it be done to rap?

It's not any different with mainstream rock.
Last edited by Doppelgänger at Oct 7, 2008,
Rap is music.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
It must be a Missouri thing...

They solve all there problems by burning them.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
If you pull it off, I will come.

But don't insult other people's music.

Also, it depends where ion KC.
Insult rap music, you'll get blown to ****ing pieces.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

the festival isn't even meant to be cool or whatever its just cuz we're really bored n wanna listen to some music man cuz we're tired of listening to big bands like motley crue n metallica cuz once you've heard the albums you don't hear any new songs until they make a new album or single and with some bands that takes forever, but when you hear a lot of new unsigned bands that have written originals its cool cuz you haven't really heard it yet
Quote by IDread

Quote by RIPKurt67-94

I hijacked this!
knew somebody would be enough of a douche (vaginal cleaning device) to try it.
Quote by OrangePossum
Yep, it's Soviet UG versus bdfs05.

good luck.

Quote by bdfs05
fuck yea i got sigged

Quote by MyNameIsLame

When you're in the Pit, substitute any valid, reasonable answer with one of the following: fap, smoke pot, drink alcohol, rape, and/or murder.
Quote by Corruption

I'm sorry. I forgot that the gods gave you the power to dictate what is music and what isn't.
I'm not insulting any rap listeners, it's just not good in my opinion.

I feel there's not enough melody just rhythm and rhyming
Quote by IDread

Quote by RIPKurt67-94

I hijacked this!
Quote by InvaderTSN
I'm sorry. I forgot that the gods gave you the power to dictate what is music and what isn't.

+1. Open your mind. You're talking about mainstream rap. Isn't mainstream rock just as bad?
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Some rap does suck. I like old school stuff though. N.W.A. ftw!

Edit: Where in Missouri is this going to take place? I like rap but I would also enjoy all the other covers of old stuff. I live in the STL.
Last edited by muppet master at Oct 7, 2008,
Quote by Corruption
I'm not insulting any rap listeners

Quote by Corruption

O RLY?
That's ignorant as fuck, and a disgrace to all festivals.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by HelloHalo
+1. Open your mind. You're talking about mainstream rap. Isn't mainstream rock just as bad?

Straying away from anything labeled as "mainstream" is a very closed minded thing to do.
Quote by HelloHalo

This.

Rap is not disco. It has already established itself as a genre for the past 25 years.
Get over it, and learn to respect other forms of music. If you base your opinions on all you've head off the radio, than I suppose you could say modern rock and pop are trash as well.
Hi, how are you?
muppet master, it's in harrisonville it's gonna be in the park maybe but we need like $500 for insurance which is gonna suck so idk how we're gonna get it...

but i'm not insulting ppl who listen to rap

i'm insulting the rap itself...
Quote by IDread

Quote by RIPKurt67-94

I hijacked this!
That's really cute.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Pops okay but not hanna montana don't like her
Quote by IDread

Quote by RIPKurt67-94

I hijacked this!
Quote by goldmember1217
I hope the gang who fucked up Tom jumps you guys.

EDIT: TS likes Insane Clown Posse, lulz.

The irony is delicious. I'm practically having an oralgasm because of it.
One thing I can't understand.

You want people to bring CD's to burn? Why would they have the CD if the don't like the music? I'm sure they wouldn't buy one just so they could burn it. So they must've acquired it some other way. Borrowed it from a friend? You shouldn't burn your buddies CD's. Maybe they stole it? Maybe

Your festival promotes much negativity.

lol Why am I such an asshole?
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Its called hip hop, not rap. That's like calling rock music "Sing." And real hip hop, aka the old school stuff and the modern underground stuff, is an amazing genre of music. And its more diverse than people give it credit for. Cannibal Ox write music that is as trippy as any prog rock band, and groups like Black Star, Immortal Technique, and NWA have songs that are as socially and politically conscious as any punk rock band.

But this is the Pit, so Im sure my words of wisdom will go ignored. Its cool though, Im used to it by now.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
I will not ignore your wisdom Spaceman_Spiff
+1
There there. Have a gummy bear. Now run along.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Doppelgänger
I like hip hop. Bite me.

It's not any different with mainstream rock.

Well hell I agree with you there, I dont like mainstream rock, I'd do a festival of burning mainstream rock if I could. It would just be a huge mess of beer, Carcass, Death, Cynic, Atheist and Suffocation fans burning Nickelback CD's in a huge bonfire, I would completely enjoy myself, and whoever disagrees...well...whatever.
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
Its called hip hop, not rap. That's like calling rock music "Sing." And real hip hop, aka the old school stuff and the modern underground stuff, is an amazing genre of music. And its more diverse than people give it credit for. Cannibal Ox write music that is as trippy as any prog rock band, and groups like Black Star, Immortal Technique, and NWA have songs that are as socially and politically conscious as any punk rock band.

But this is the Pit, so Im sure my words of wisdom will go ignored. Its cool though, Im used to it by now.

This. ^
I love hip-hop, with the exception of all the new "hip-pop" like 50 Cent, Lil Wayne and what not. That's just rubbish.
But good hip-hop, like N.W.A, Cypress Hill, Tribe Called Quest etc is great.
Because you're such a small minded twat, I hope a big black guy comes to your festival and sodomises you and all of your friends.
Member of the Laney Cult
minus the whole burning of rap CDs, this would be a cool idea.

but no 90s or 00s music? squeeze that in and get rid of the burning and you may be on to something...
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
disco burnings were more of a celebration of the end of an era. Rap is still popular, therefore a rap burning is just prejudiced. Why don't you make it a 'burn your old music' celebration, so everyone can burn the old music they don't like anymore, regardless of genre?

oh, and burning everything at the end of the festival after the music's over is stupid. You should burn it and still have music playing that you can go back and listen to. What were you planning, to just burn the stuff and then say "all right, go home everyone."? That's stupid.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Cannibal Corpse's hip hop alter-ego?

No, because that would imply that the two are equals. Cannibal Ox are, you know, good.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Page 1 of 3