Poll: Do you believe in female/male friendship?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in female/male friendship?
Yes
178 87%
No
27 13%
Voters: 205.
Page 1 of 2
Searchbar came out with nothing.
Ok this is inspired on alaskan_ninja's My fellow heterosexual UG males... thread. (kinda old thread but its still alive so whatever...)

So, do you believe in female/male friendship?
Before everyone starts ranting (specially women..(not being sexist but its the truth, Im talking from personal experience)) let me explain.

Im not saying males and females cant be friends, but when a male and a female become very good friends, best friends, chances are one of them will develop feelings for the other.
The funny thing is that Alaskan's thread seems to confirm this.

Sorry for the somewhat wall of text...
Quote by Doppelgänger
I need more female friends.

Every time I'm out (which isn't a lot) it's always a sausage fest.

From the other thread.

I see nothing wrong with co-ed friendships.
almost all of my friends are girls... somehow it always works out that way with me, not many guy friends but alot of friends that are girls.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I know that I'm pretty incapable of becoming too too close of friends with a girl without becoming interested.
Its not common with teenagers (hormones ect.)
The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I do, but most guys, and I really mean most, are real jerks to girls and become interested in one thing and one thing only.
Weird, in my case it's the other way around. I'll develop feelings for a chick, we fuck, usually a relationship doesn't work out, we're good friends, she hooks me up with girls she knows.

And it begins again. And if I become good friends right off with a chick without the sex, it never leads to anything but friendship.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
I always seem to get to know the girl cuz I dig them, then find some out all I want is to be friends. So yea.

(probly cuz im chasin some other chick by then. :\)
Nudedragon fan.
Quote by tremeloud
The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

gotta sig that!
and yes F-M friendship doesn't exist at all.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I know that I'm pretty incapable of becoming too too close of friends with a girl without becoming interested.

Yea, me too, I'm quite bad like that. If I got laid more often (or at all) I guess that might be different, but yea.
Quote by tremeloud

I dont mean hormones, I dont mean lust, I dont want to fukc my friends, I mean feelings.
And not with every female friend, I have more female friends than male friends.
sure

i think its healthy to have a friend that your ultimate goal isnt to sleep with her. of course if the opportunity comes up i'm not saying you should refuse
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Yes, there can definitely be man-woman friendships. I can tsetify because out of 18 people I can call friends in NY, 16 are boys, and in Cali 15 out of 20 are boys.

they say not without at least one encounter, but that's bull. my best friend is a dude and we are real close, but aren't attracted to each other in that way.
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
Yes, they can be friends. However, it is very possible one will become attracted.

But if the other doesn't reciprocate said feelings, and the person with that is attracted cares about his friend not romantically, it goes away and things go back to normal.

From experience

EDIT: Also if they are involved with one of your friends its really easy to become friends.
Quote by Just_Matt
I dont mean hormones, I dont mean lust, I dont want to fukc my friends, I mean feelings.
And not with every female friend, I have more female friends than male friends.

That's unfortunate, I can imagine why though. Many of the guys that I see on a daily basis don't know who they are, they run from their true self, and they're almost literally throwing their masculinity in other peoples faces, whereas the average girl seems to act like her self. I still think everyone has their problems, though.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I have two friends that are women, and we spend time going out and doing things, but it is completely platonic and I do not feel any sexual desire to be with them after all these years. The fact that they are significantly older than me may also play a role in that.
its very possible, especially if the guy is gay.

But seriously, its possible. I have like a 2:1 guy friends to girl friends ratio going on so far. some are pretty good looking, but the way that i know them makes me not want to go further than being friends with them.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Of course they can...all my best friends and all the friends I hang out with out of school are guys.

All my friends I hang out with inside school are girls.

See? It works..plus guys are just more fun to hang out with imo it should be the other way around..can females be friends with females? Cause to me, they just seem to talk behind your back, compete, start drama; all that stuff guys conveniently DONT do...females make terrible friends

/rant
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Becoming attracted is natural. If you spent 10 years in a secluded cabin in the mountains with only your female cousin for company, you'd end up screwing at some point.
Quote by HighPotency
Becoming attracted is natural. If you spent 10 years in a secluded cabin in the mountains with only your female(male in my case) cousin for company, you'd end up screwing at some point.

Woah, speak for yourself pal

No....I wouldnt.

Stepco's Master
Some of my best friends are female, and there's no romantic feelings there on my side. In some cases, there were at first, but I got over it and realized we're better as just friends.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i have several good female friends, and there really arent any problems.

i think its important for people to have friends of the opposite sex. i feel like i can be more open about things with my female friends. its a different type of friendship. if all my friends were guys, id probably go crazy.
Quote by HighPotency
Becoming attracted is natural. If you spent 10 years in a secluded cabin in the mountains with only your female cousin for company, you'd end up screwing at some point.

I disagree
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Woah, speak for yourself pal

No....I wouldnt.

I call bs, any pussy is pussy after 10 years of just seeing that 1 person lol.

Anyhow, most of the girls I was friends with were always complaining about all this drama and starting some as well and plus I had dealing with 1 week of bitch time per each girl I knew.

So now I don't talk to most of em and what a surprise I am much more at ease than I used to be. Plus, the only girl I have to deal with is my g/f and that alone is enough to drive me insane, let alone other girls that I don't even get to bone!
Quote by HighPotency

Only if she's hot.
Although it is nice to have female friends, too many can be a problem. You don't wanna be that metrosexual guy with all the chicks as friends and no male influence.

Do you?

I don't
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
My ex-girlfriend is my best friend.

Our relationship transcends love, we go beyond the idea of a sexual relationship.

It goes past attraction and that was why we broke up, it's like a direct mental connection.

It's f*cking crazy man.

PS. I'm not gay.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by Guitarfreak777
I call bs, any pussy is pussy after 10 years of just seeing that 1 person lol.

You want me to take my god damn cousin, seclude us in a cabin for 10 years whilst video taping the whole way through and prove it to you? Cause I will

Just because youre into incest doesnt mean the normal people are
Its called self-control and morals.

Stepco's Master
Quote by yellowfrizbee
You want me to take my god damn cousin, seclude us in a cabin for 10 years whilst video taping the whole way through and prove it to you? Cause I will

lol, I never said I was into incest. Just doesn't bother me so I am more open to the idea of doing my cousin than someone else would be.
Quote by yellowfrizbee

Its called masterbation and i've thrived on it so far!
Quote by Guitarfreak777
lol, I never said I was into incest. Just doesn't bother me so I am more open to the idea of doing my cousin than someone else would be.

That sounds pretty bad to me. I think your one day at the swimming pool away from doing your cousin.
Quote by masterohumans
That sounds pretty bad to me. I think your one day at the swimming pool away from doing your cousin.

Whys that?
Quote by Guitarfreak777

Fair enough

I can respect that. I was just defending the fact that I wouldnt...you called bullshit on me it hurt my feelings

Stepco's Master
Quote by yellowfrizbee

DO IT!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Fair enough

I can respect that. I was just defending the fact that I wouldnt...you called bullshit on me it hurt my feelings

I retake the bullshit comment
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I retake the bullshit comment

Stepco's Master
Page 1 of 2