Ok so a number of weeks ago, I posted a thread here complaining that my Jackson DKMGT Dinky sounded like shit (always distortion on and general bad tone). Someone said to replace the batteries of the active pickups, so I did. That fixed it, it sounded great.....for awhile...

BUT NOW! Theres always a slight underlying hint of distortion on the guitar. It pretty much renders the clean channel useless as it sounds like crap. I have tried different guitars, and those sound perfectly fine. So it's not the amp. I dunno if it would be the battery, since I recently replaced it (and it was directly from the package).

Anybody have any theories?
MAD STACKS
Replace the battery again, but this time, always unplug your guitar when not in use. Leaving it plugged in is like leaving the power on for active pickups. In other words, it drains your battery pretty quick.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Replace the battery again, but this time, always unplug your guitar when not in use. Leaving it plugged in is like leaving the power on for active pickups. In other words, it drains your battery pretty quick.
Alrighty! Will do, thank you sir.
MAD STACKS
I did that because I had snapjacks... then in the middle of a jam session my pickups konked out and I was like " OH SHT!!! I BROKE MY GUITAR!!!", but then I checked the voltage and it was only putting out 3 volts... haha. Try replacing the battery again... ^what he said
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
What you might want to consider is replacing the battery and making sure the wire is insulated. My dad had an active bass, and it was going through batteries every few days, turned out the wire wasn't insulated in one spot so all it took was some black tape. Maybe active guitar pickups drain a battery slower? Not sure, but it might be worth a shot.
Yeah, like pedals. Plus, fret buzz, maybe the pickups are too close up to the strings..........
Quote by Lunchbox362
Yeah, like pedals. Plus, fret buzz, maybe the pickups are too close up to the strings..........
Why would it start now though? I haven't moved my pickups.
MAD STACKS
Active pickups have a much higher output than regular pickups... but it still shouldn't be enough to distort your tone.

Your question has already been answered, but I just felt like throwing that out there.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??