yep and if you do it for 100 hours you'll be ten times better

j/k

according to Marty friedman an hour can be enough as long as you stay focussed on what your doing.10 hours seems much IMO but everyone is kind of different , see what works for you by experimenting
Practice the same techniques, just not for literally ten hours. Focus on one technique you wish to improve in and practice that for 1-2 hours or however fits your schedule. If you're not in a hurry to get better, then that's the way to go, IMO.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Quote by ConeShred
Practice the same techniques, just not for literally ten hours. Focus on one technique you wish to improve in and practice that for 1-2 hours or however fits your schedule. If you're not in a hurry to get better, then that's the way to go, IMO.

know any other good technequies, i'll probably start dedicating about an hour a day if i can fit it in, and try learning songs, but got any other ideas?
Don't forget about the stress you're putting on your hands. 10 hours just looks like it's asking for RSI.
yeahh be careful, first of all you may hate the guitar after playin that long and making it a chore...also your hands and wrists will start hurting a lot, take it easy...i dont see why a few hours isnt more than enough
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
understand that Steve Vai is a beast at what he does..

The more time you put in, the better i guess..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
What would be the best way to divide this out into 10 hours?

Are these exersices practiced randomly or is there a particular order to it?
He's also got the upgrade, the Steve Vai 30h workout.

This is NOT meant as a workout of ten hours straight; it's simply that it would take about ten hours to complete the workout. And then youu have to repeat and speed up.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Steve Vai is a great player, he is also freaking insane. You don't need to be a zealot to be good at guitar, you only need to be dedicated.