I'm getting a new guitar soon, but I'm on a pretty tight budget, around 200-300 dollars, or anything less.
I'm not exactly sure what to get. I love playing Metallica, Pantera, metal, and shred stuff. I would like to have a whammy bar on it, preferably a floyd rose or something similar.
I'm into radical shapes too, like explorers, v's, ml's, warlocks, etc.
Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm around the intermediate skill level, so says my guitar teacher at school and private teacher, if that helps any.
wait and save up for a dean...im saving for the dfh dime slime ML, razorback is nice too..kinda cant decide but doesnt matter cuz i cant afford either hah!
Quote by epptron
wait and save up for a dean...im saving for the dfh dime slime ML, razorback is nice too..kinda cant decide but doesnt matter cuz i cant afford either hah!

At that price range i do not recommend a dean.
it would be better to save up more because if you buy a guitar at that price range the tremolo is guaranteed to be a cheap crappy one. I would suggest that you save up to at least 500 dollars so that you get a decent guitar instead, you do want it to last don't you? otherwise you'll end up having to spend more money on replacement parts once they crap out, like the tremolo and switching the usually crappy stock pick ups.
i really recommend for you to wait until you have enough for a decent one, and in the mean time do some research so that you find the one you really want.
If you already have a guitar why are you going to buy a new crappy one for $300?
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Quote by TrasherFromHell
it would be better to save up more because if you buy a guitar at that price range the tremolo is guaranteed to be a cheap crappy one. I would suggest that you save up to at least 500 dollars so that you get a decent guitar instead, you do want it to last don't you? otherwise you'll end up having to spend more money on replacement parts once they crap out, like the tremolo and switching the usually crappy stock pick ups.
i really recommend for you to wait until you have enough for a decent one, and in the mean time do some research so that you find the one you really want.

Agreed although I bought my ibanez for $340. it was used of course they retail for $399 plus tax
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I agree, on the Dean (or probably anything else) you gotta go used.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
dont get a floyd. for that price it won't stay in tune.
Not giggable and you'll regret it.

Also you don't want pickups that feedback,
and you need a setup ect, so your guitar stays in tune.

most anything less than about $600 is kinda junky in my opinion.

Used, could find a good deal, thats your best bet if you don't want to save up.
I wouldn't get something new for $300 cus it won't be of much use especially if ur intermediate.

If you get a used guitar make sure you have someone with you who knows a lot about guitars cus its easy to get something that has issues. (fret wear, pickup winding screwed up, warped neck, nut messed up, ect **which could end up costing you more**)

feel free to pm me with any questions
You can get decent used Kramers, carvins etc of ebay for around that price, but its probably a bit risky
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by epptron

Any self-respecting metal fan would not buy anything with Dimebag's name on it.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
Any self-respecting metal fan would not buy anything with Dimebag's name on it.

Explain?
I think that would be honering Dimebag.
Quote by TatarSalad2
Explain?
I think that would be honering Dimebag.

That's the only way dean is selling enough guitars. It drags his name through the mud so Dean can get the $$$. Not to mention they're totally ridiculous and you can get a much better guitar for the price.
Quote by HighPotency
That's the only way dean is selling enough guitars. It drags his name through the mud so Dean can get the $$$. Not to mention they're totally ridiculous and you can get a much better guitar for the price.

yeah its about money.

But if you like it who cares!

playing his music and doing it justice would be the best way to honor him in my opinion if thats what you're after.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
yeah its about money.

But if you like it who cares!

playing his music and doing it justice would be the best way to honor him in my opinion if thats what you're after.

True. But i think it would be cooler to get a different guitar and paint it like a Dime yourself. How's that for honoring him?
Quote by HighPotency
True. But i think it would be cooler to get a different guitar and paint it like a Dime yourself. How's that for honoring him?

thats pretty cool.

Its hard to paint guitars and have to look real good, I painted one of mine.

I'd love to paint guitars...lol