David Highland
7 32%
Voters: 22.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/JilaX%5E/
Jilax's entry, Stormy Monday

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/david_highland/

David Highland's entry

Voting will last until Saturday.
Highland's got my vote, generally because i think it flows better all round. But it was close.
good luck to you both!
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
I liked david highland's, but it was so short I didn't feel it showcased his playing enough

so Jilax for me, it was very close

good job and good luck to both of you
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
yer it was to short, and was a bit to abrupt to end. but i still really liked it.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Jilax, your first 12 bars were great, but for future reference, trying hitting a root note at least once, or the audience might get a little bit lost in what your playing. Your phrasing is good, nice use of space and dynamics. your tone was pretty good, but it got a bitty clippy when you went louder.

Highland, your tone is bit to bassy for me. I know you're not playing with a bassist, but you don't need to overcompensate necessarily. I would have rather heard you play with a bassist, so you could put in some more lead parts. Ending is pretty awkward.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by aetherspear
Jilax, your first 12 bars were great, but for future reference, trying hitting a root note at least once, or the audience might get a little bit lost in what your playing. Your phrasing is good, nice use of space and dynamics. your tone was pretty good, but it got a bitty clippy when you went louder.

Highland, your tone is bit to bassy for me. I know you're not playing with a bassist, but you don't need to overcompensate necessarily. I would have rather heard you play with a bassist, so you could put in some more lead parts. Ending is pretty awkward.

Yeah, I did kinda lose track, I have a tendency to do that Thanks for the tip about the root notes, I'll keep that in mind!

I actually played with the amp on like <2 and the mic still clipped, so the tone is what it had to be.
Jilax had sick tone and i really loved his playing. David almost had my vote but his ending kinda killed it for me.
Both different entries so it's hard to make a decision, both were awesome at what they were supposed to do..

Jilax your tone was great and I like your phrasing, especially the first 12 bars when you cranked up the volume and let rip, great flow there..

Dave your tone was quite good too but needed a bit extra mids for the slidey bits to kick it out of the mix a bit. Good combined rhythm and lead fills but kinda short, it was just starting to groove..

Gotta vote for Jilax for his tone and that one long epic phrase..
Indeed, a tough call...I'm going with David just cause it fits my current mood better. Good luck to ya both, props.
There's no night out in the jail !

Last.fm --> mas0nic
David got my vote simply because it's more my kind of sound - fuzzed up and dirty. I'd love to hear a longer version some time. It was close though, Jilax' entry was excellent as well; I especially liked the louder bit at about 1:18 or so.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Jilax is teh winnar for this one.

Remember, this is double elimination, so the losers of these duels will face each other a week from monday.
Congrats.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
My entry was the most thrown together piece of shit ever, not surprised I lost. To those saying my entry was too short, or ended abruptly, it did. I actualy cut it short, it went on a bit longer but right there felt like a good place to end it. My next entry will be better, I was in a hurry with this one cause I was running way late on getting it in. I liked Jilax's much more than mine, he really deserved this one, and such tallent for being what, 16? 17? keep it up dude.
jilax: you had some neat blues phrases in there, and you had a fairly authentic tone going on for you. you also had some direction in your soloing, which was refreshing. couple of things, you needed to listen to the backing a little more carefully - often you were building up in intensity at the wrong times, and sometimes you'd inadvertently play over the bar and it jarred a bit. also the mix wasn't too great, which caused your guitar signal to distort in the recording. there were a few bum notes in the solo, but nothing you shouldn't be able to work on.

david: it was kinda mashed up and trite in execution. and short, and doesn't give any depth to your playing.
Quote by Axegrinder#9
jilax: you had some neat blues phrases in there, and you had a fairly authentic tone going on for you. you also had some direction in your soloing, which was refreshing. couple of things, you needed to listen to the backing a little more carefully - often you were building up in intensity at the wrong times, and sometimes you'd inadvertently play over the bar and it jarred a bit. also the mix wasn't too great, which caused your guitar signal to distort in the recording. there were a few bum notes in the solo, but nothing you shouldn't be able to work on.

david: it was kinda mashed up and trite in execution. and short, and doesn't give any depth to your playing.

thanks for noticing, you may want to take a peek at the post...just above yours...
Quote by david_highland
My entry was the most thrown together piece of shit ever, not surprised I lost. To those saying my entry was too short, or ended abruptly, it did. I actualy cut it short, it went on a bit longer but right there felt like a good place to end it. My next entry will be better, I was in a hurry with this one cause I was running way late on getting it in. I liked Jilax's much more than mine, he really deserved this one, and such tallent for being what, 16? 17? keep it up dude.

Yeah, I very much got the feeling that yours wasn't representative for your playing. I really love the whole heavy-delta blues style you've got going. I can't wait to hear you again, with a proper setting.

Thanks a lot! Means a lot to hear people like you (who actually know what you're talking about ) complimenting me

Quote by Axegrinder#9

Thanks to you aswell, nothing like some constructive criticism!

I'm not really used to playing over backingtracks, and in a band situation they follow my intensity rather then the other way around. Which I why I just played by habit here

Keep in mind, this was recorded with an inbuilt mic in my Creative: Zen Vision M which can practically not handle any realy amounts of volume which why it's clipping.