Does anyone have experience with this amp? Also, do they make a smaller version because the 50w one is a bit out of my budget and I don't really need all that volume anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I guess the extra headroom is handy, but given my budget I'd settle for the J-20 or the Gemini. Thanks bro.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^True.

Also: The VT22 and the V4 are also excellent, as is the Reverberocket and the B-15 Portaflex (bass amp, but sounds great for guitar).

Stateside, you can find a vintage Gemini for 500-700. I really want one
^More than you want a Matamp Goolz? I might look into that B-15 Portaflex if it doesn't cost too much.
Quote by Cathbard
A Gemini II is more accessible than a GT1 or 1224 Matamp, or even an Electric GT80..

Portaflex's are a bit pricey. A VT-22 is a lot cheaper, as is a V4. Both are 100w.
True true. But if I could have any amps I wanted, I'd still have a Bogner Shiva and another Bogner with Jerry Cantrell's Fish pre-amp as my main stage rig, but an Ampeg Reverbrocket for those times when I felt like playing via a bass amp.
Quote by Cathbard
^A Reverberocket is a straight guitar amp.
I own a Reverberocket! Its a straight guitar amp like goolz was saying. but there is an accordion input...lol
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket