Page 1 of 2
Stairway, Smoke On the Water, Iron Man, songs like that I've learnt in their entirety, but now I just think why did I bother? I've never even been a Deep Purple fan, and I can't remember the last time I actually listened to Iron Man...they just seem to be songs that every rock guitarist ends up learning at least parts of, regardless of whether they actually listen to them or not...so the question is, have you learnt any of these songs that guitarists are assumed to know, do you actually listen to them, and are there any other songs you learnt but don't really know why?
Well, I actually like to play and listen to Stairway every once in a while. It may be over done but it's still a good song.

I actually like Deep Purple but I don't really like Smoke On The Water just because it's so over played. same with Sabbath and Iron Man.

For my band I've had to learn a couple of songs I don't like, but that band wanted to do em so oh well. The main one is that damned Holy Confessions because the other guitarist is a damn A7X fanboy. Every time he plays the first note to Beast And The Harlot everybody yells at him to shut the fuck up.
Craptons of Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin when I was starting out.

I have the corresponding albums, but only listened to them for a month or so (collectively).
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Stairway to Heaven... They told me chicks dig it.

I was lied to
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
I learnt Silent Wars by Arch Enemy the other day. I don't listen to them that much...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
i've never "learnt" anything.

i have, however, learned some of the same stuff you did. it's not a bad thing. it's like that with everything.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by faint_spirit

i have, however, learned some of the same stuff you did. it's not a bad thing. it's like that with everything.

Learnt is a correct form of the past tense of learn.
yeah i learned how to play raining blood just for the challenge but it's actually one of my least favorite slayer songs. another one i learned but never really liked that much was crazy on you by heart. the list goes on but those are the top 2.
Song I have to do for singers and my band mostly.
Of all the songs I play i'd say I listen to ... None.. None of them..

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
everything the ts mentioned. i learnt them because a guitarist MUST know those songs but i dont really like any of them.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Probably Yakety Axe by Chet Atkins. My old guitar teacher taught me it and I hated it. Don't mind playing it for fun now though.
And one of those songs that you say everyone can play, I'm proud to say that I still don't know how to play Master of Puppets!
Dammit by Blink 182 was the first song I learned to play and I still play it from time to time, even though I don't really like the song.
Classical Gas, even though it's a swanky piece
Georgie Porgie Pudding and Pie
Kissed the girls and made them cry.
When the boys came out to play
He kissed them too cause he was gay.

Quote by Slaytanic6606
If I remember right, pot can help prevent alzheimer's.

Quote by FireandFlames

Quote by Ex'sAndOh's

The cake is a pie.

WTF YOU BROKE THE INTERNET
Quote by fretsonfire74
Probably Yakety Axe by Chet Atkins. My old guitar teacher taught me it and I hated it. Don't mind playing it for fun now though.
And one of those songs that you say everyone can play, I'm proud to say that I still don't know how to play Master of Puppets!

If you ever see someone chasing someone else in circles with a rolling pin in fast motion and you have a guitar with you, then you'll be glad you learnt it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Learnt is a correct form of the past tense of learn.

Thanks for clarifying that, for a second there I thought I'd run afoul of the Pit grammar nazis
Quote by julz_coolz
The song ma besti and i did 4 community leadership (we both wrote it) we had 2 do it so much it annoyed us....but we still kow the whole song also punk rocker...drives me mad lol

Punkshuation plz?

For me, I learnt All Nightmare Long off Death Magnetic, and I'm not a big Metallica fan at all. Same with Master of Puppets and Battery, merely for skill purposes.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
i learned one riff from carry on wayward son by kansas

poor me....

never heard it from stat to finish but got the showdown cover
Leart "otherside" by RHCH as my first song ever. Also my mate is a massive metal fan, so when when we jam, I've gotta play Megadeth alot, although I don't really like it much

Then obviously Ironman, stairway to heaven etc
A lot of punk songs and one from Weezer. I can't remember the rest, as usual.
S T R A W B E R R I E S
<333

sex

Strawberries
Can't Touch This, obviously.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
alot of avenged sevenfold actually...

my old guitarist used to love them ad thats all he would play. i think ive listened to bat country and the other good one once to get a feel for it.

oh and their cover of walk by pantera which sounds almost identical...
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Nirvanas SLTS
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Quote by faint_spirit

'Learnt' is the correct past participal of 'learn' in British English, so please, do some research before you correct someone's spelling.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Haven't learnt any of those songs in full. I do however know how to play Teenage Dirtbag on both guitar and bass.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Zero-Hartman
If you ever see someone chasing someone else in circles with a rolling pin in fast motion and you have a guitar with you, then you'll be glad you learnt it.

lmao.. sigged...
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
I guess I know the intro to stairway. Like the song, but never really got into it.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
smell like teen spirit

Someone has to say it
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
alot of Guns N Roses songs because I love slash's guitar style but I just can't listen to them for very long because of axl's voice.

too bad.
PSN name = Barmanation
Page 1 of 2