hi, I'm new to the forums. (sorry if this is the wrong section to put this)

I recently bought a cheap guitar for $60. I was going to use it as a project, since it's in rough shape, but I have no idea what kind of guitar it is. It doesn't have a name or logo on it anywhere. The headstock looks like an epiphone (or a copy) and the body looks kinda like a les paul. Anybody have any ideas on what it could be?

here are some pics.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/Spazerdude/guitar/

thanks if anybody can help.
if not for having 2 humbuckers i'd say maestro (gibson's cheapest line).
No idea.

I thought the melody maker had a really thin headstock though.
The headstock doesn't look like epiphone. Well none i've ever seen.
The shape is similar to a Lester, but obvious differences.
Definitely not a Les copy. Maybe inspired by.

Hows she sound? Stay in tune well? Does it feel well made and solid?
Also, is it like upside down !?? It looks like it is upside down judging by where the strap holders are! That's kinda cool haha.

To help with IDing it, you might have alright luck if you pull it apart. Take off the scratch plate, might be something under it, and the plate over the knobs. Also maybe if you take the pickups out you can find something on them. Don't have to desolder or anything.. Shouldn't need to anyway.

Anyway, goodluck. I'll keep watching this thread, you've got me interested.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Ah, the only reason I said epiphone (I'm a noob at guitar btw) is I know they have the triangular bit that covers the nut on the headstock. And this one has one too.

It doesn't play very well, but I'm sure that has something to do with age. I can get it in tune, but it gets out of tune really fast, and the strings are above the neck really high. ( I can't even adjust the bridge properly because the screws on the bridge are stripped) :P

I'll see what I can do. I'm kinda afraid to take off the neck since it has a crack near the top pickup.
Quote by ManTuna
Ah, the only reason I said epiphone (I'm a noob at guitar btw) is I know they have the triangular bit that covers the nut on the headstock. And this one has one too.

It doesn't play very well, but I'm sure that has something to do with age. I can get it in tune, but it gets out of tune really fast, and the strings are above the neck really high. ( I can't even adjust the bridge properly because the screws on the bridge are stripped) :P

I'll see what I can do. I'm kinda afraid to take off the neck since it has a crack near the top pickup.

Hows the pickups sound? You might be able to salvage parts if its definitely unfixable.
I reckon you should research about fixing it up. Try playing with the truss rod and all that. Even though it has a crack you might find that with a proper setup it'd good. Otherwise. You could see if the pickups are good and stuff, maybe whack em in another guitar!

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
I can definitely try. I added one new picture to the album if you wanted a close up shot of the headstock, since I know the other one was dark.

I have a crap amp right now, so I can't really tell you. I plan on getting a new one soon from a local guitar shop near where I live. I might take it down there and see what it can do.