Hey guys, at the moment I'm searching for some bands/songs that have some electric guitar riffs/licks/solos that just have that true electric guitar rock sound to them! you know what I mean, just good classic rock stuff. like when someone says play and you just want to play something that sounds like it guitar if that makes any sense lol. it's hard to say just weather it's a new band or a classic just could you please help me find some? Thanks in advance
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Oct 8, 2008,
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
nothing metal or blues just good classic rock stuff

You do realise classic rock has a good deal of blues and metal infused with it, right?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Dude, you need to rephrase that.

Rage Against the Machine sound kind of Led Zeppelin-esque.

Though, I hate to promote them, because I hate them, but Airbourne, Jet, Wolfmother are all from here, and they pretty much rip off classic rock like Zep, Sabbath and AC/DC for profit
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You do realise classic rock has a good deal of blues and metal infused with it, right?

sorry I just fixed that I'm a bit sleepy so please don't get me wrong I love blues and some metal so I didn't mean for it to sound that way lol
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
Hey guys, at the moment I'm searching for some bands/songs that have some electric guitar riffs/licks/solos that just have that true electric guitar rock sound to them! you know what I mean, just good classic rock stuff. like when someone says play and you just want to play something that sounds like it guitar if that makes any lol. it's hard to say just weather it's a new band or a classic just could you please help me find some? Thanks in advance

yes, that did make lol
TS if you're really dumb enough to type that way then i think most of the pit wil agree you should put your guitar down

EDIT: nvm.....he fixed it...
Quote by jetfuel495
yes, that did make lol

LOL sorry about that like I said I'm sleepy made me lol to
Quote by Recondite Blue
TS if you're really dumb enough to type that way then i think most of the pit wil agree you should put your guitar down

I just said twice that I'm sleepy
Black Stone Cherry, awesome gritty Southern Rock!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
A lot of Chili Peppers songs
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by IncubusMan999
Dude, you need to rephrase that.

Rage Against the Machine sound kind of Led Zeppelin-esque.

Though, I hate to promote them, because I hate them, but Airbourne, Jet, Wolfmother are all from here, and they pretty much rip off classic rock like Zep, Sabbath and AC/DC for profit

Wolfmother disbanded i think.

Also black stone cherry and thers one more i cant remember
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick

+1 for black stone cherry.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
i have two songs i could send you. im not sure what theyre called but they sound nice. they have that blues/metal combination that was mentioned before.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Jacoiskoby
i have two songs i could send you. im not sure what theyre called but they sound nice. they have that blues/metal combination that was mentioned before.

ok cool
are you interested in new bands or new stuff to play on the guitar?

try some ZZ Top, Steppenwolf, Aerosmith, Guns 'N Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, any old school rock band... all the bands mentioned by others on this thread are good rock bands maybe try some Southern Gentlemen or a few Pride and Glory songs
Quote by Deep*Kick

wolfmother didnt really disband... but there's only andrew left... he's gonna get new musicians tho
Quote by GDare
are you interested in new bands or new stuff to play on the guitar?

try some ZZ Top, Steppenwolf, Aerosmith, Guns 'N Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, any old school rock band... all the bands mentioned by others on this thread are good rock bands maybe try some Southern Gentlemen or a few Pride and Glory songs

ok look I know they suck really badly but I was listening to the jonas brothers after I watched camp rock and I thought to myself I know heaps of songs buy led zeppelin and stuff like that but I just want some guitar riffs that sound like guitar riffs but I don't like the jonas brothers but through out the movie there would be these little riffs played just randomly that u can here and in some of their songs they would have a really small solo but I don't exactly want to learn stuff by them so I made this thread hoping to find those sought of riffs if u know what I mean? anyways so yeah
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
ok cool

how should i send them?
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Jacoiskoby
how should i send them?

Through the medium of interpretive dance.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
umm i'm not sure u could email them to me at (e-mail) or upload them somewhere and give me the link maybe I'm not sure lol try email I guess

I definitely do not suggest openly posting your e-mail in the Pit.

EDIT: Although quoting it certainly won't help either
Quote by Art_of_Guitar
I definitely do not suggest openly posting your e-mail in the Pit.

EDIT: Although quoting it certainly won't help either

lol right I just deleted my message lol
Check out Coheed and Cambria. Even just off their new album the songs "No World for Tomorrow", "Gravemakers & Gunslingers", and "Radio Bye Bye" have great riffs.

But really, all of their music is the stuff of legends.
Stone Gods - Burn The Witch
*Two songs from my old demo, with my band Snakeskin in now in my profile. Feedback?

*Cockfoster