Basically, I'm gonna create a silly medley for a gig.
One of hte songs is stuck in my head, and I need to know what it is.

Firstly, I think it's like the Polka/Can Can bit from Moulin Rouge, but I'm not sure, I haven't seen that movie in years.

It's at like 180(ISH), and it's Q-Q-Q-Q-E-E-E-E-E-E-Q
If you tap that out, you'll hear the rythm, and that should give it away.
[Q being quarter note, E being eighth note]

That's it... Yeah.
It's for a medley with the other guitarist, I've got it planned out in my head.
While you're reading this thread, feel free to suggest catchy/REALLY well-known jingles to do.
Our genre doesn't matter. ^_^

Thanks guys.
Gore AND Core; unite!
I havnt seen that movie ever, but is it the one where the lyrics are sometimes "can, can, can you do the can can"? I would probably know it if i heard it. You could also do something like "The muppet show theme song" or "Manamana" or that song that the swedish chef does.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Jacoiskoby
I havnt seen that movie ever, but is it the one where the lyrics are sometimes "can, can, can you do the can can"? I would probably know it if i heard it. You could also do something like "The muppet show theme song" or "Manamana" or that song that the swedish chef does.

Might do that Manamana one, I know what you mean.
I don't know if it's "can, can, can", the thing you said, because that doesn't have enough syllables. Oh well.
Thanks!!
Gore AND Core; unite!
Bump... apologies for the double post!
Come on Pit, you can do better than this. =|
Gore AND Core; unite!
The song is called "Spectacular Spectacular (The Pitch)" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. Sorry, couldn't find anything better than that. I know the melody you're talking about. Figure it out by ear!
Thanks a lot dude!!
That's the kinda help I'm lookin' for!

Any other suggestions for catchy jingles, etc.... Fun things for gigs!

Thansk to that guy, I know the name of the song "The Pitch (Spectacular! Spectacular!)", and now I know how to find it!!!
Now for more recommendations guys!
Gore AND Core; unite!
Last edited by Daisy_Ramirez_ at Oct 8, 2008,
Quote by SG_dave
do a heavy metal version of jingle bells... me and my band did a ska version at our schools christmas thing. twas fun.

*Writes in on the list*
Thanks a lot dude!
Psychostick already kinda did it though... For anyone who likes metal (hardcore) bands doing silly stuff, listen to them: http://myspace.com/psychostick
And yeah.
MOAR!
Thanks guys!!
Gore AND Core; unite!