So, my Crate V33 2x12 should be arriving very soon (any day now)...

While I bought the amp for jamming and small gigging purposes, It's nice to be able to practice on it in my room so I can get a feel for it and not have to plug it into my computer.

Thus said, I need an attenuator! (I live in a dormitory at University) Questions (Because I'm a ****ing n00b!)

1.) How do I use said Attenuator with amp?
2.) Recommend me one... Please as reasonably priced as possible
3.) Headphone capabilities?
4.) Are there any other options for me with this amp to keep it quiet... there is no headphone jack... Can I get something that would provide me with one?

Thanks a lot, and please feel free to explain things I clearly don't understand.
1 - An attenuator is used between the amp and the speaker. It is connected via speaker cable. AMP > ATTENUATOR > SPEAKER
2 - the ones at tedweber.com are the best and best priced, IMO.
3 - No.
4 - Why don't you just turn down the volume knob? You can't use headphones with a tube amp - period.

I don't feel that an attenuator is the best solution here.
actually some attenuators do have headphone jacks.

and if you wan't power tube saturation on that amp at acceptable dorm room volume, an attenuator is your only option pretty much.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by forsaknazrael
1 - An attenuator is used between the amp and the speaker. It is connected via speaker cable. AMP > ATTENUATOR > SPEAKER
2 - the ones at tedweber.com are the best and best priced, IMO.
3 - No.
4 - Why don't you just turn down the volume knob? You can't use headphones with a tube amp - period.

I don't feel that an attenuator is the best solution here.

I agree, just with the 3rd one though. Neaux wai.
Most of these Attenuators, the Weber ones included (Very well priced, thanks), have two speaker outputs (My amp is a 2x12) but only one input, would I purchase something like this?

Obviously to be quarter inch sized and better quality though.
Quote by roshjosh
Most of these Attenuators, the Weber ones included (Very well priced, thanks), have two speaker outputs (My amp is a 2x12) but only one input, would I purchase something like this?

No, you just plug one cable in and two out....
Quote by roshjosh

i think the 2 speaker outputs are if you have 2 cabs to connect to, i use it with my jubilee 2x12 combo and i only use 1 of the speaker out connections, so i have audio speaker cable going from the amp to the input and have the cable attached to the speaker plugged into one of the speaker connections on the back
Quote by roshjosh
Isn't it dangerous for the Preamp to have one of the speakers disconnected?

there is only 1 speaker cable going from my speaker to the back of the amp, so i only need to connect 1 cable from the speaker to the weber, it really depends on how your amp connects to speakers, do you have 2 cables connecting the head to the speaker or is it just 1?