Currently I am using a Monterey (Stage Series) for learning, is this fairly decent? Or should I look at trying to get something else in the near future?
Quote by Six_One_Zipp
If I had to do the nasty with any guitarist it'd definitely be Herman Li,

The sex would be just like his playing, fast, sloppy, and dissapointing.
pictures?
[A Portrait For The Deceased]

I swear they just went into the special ed. class and got one of them to slam their foreheads on the keyboard.
I once masturbated on some dudes arm.
Yeah, I was thinking that it's fine for a beginner guitar, but was just wondering if there is anything I should try look at.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp

if thats the price you paid, (the one in the picture) it think it should do
Nah, mine's pretty much the same (different quality of wood on the neck though), and I got it for $150, lol.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp

Last edited by Horgande at Oct 8, 2008,
yeah since you're a beginner and good cheap guitar is cool.

Dont buy a new guitar until you know what type of music you like to play, theres no point buying a metal guitar when you want to play rock, research, find out what guitar is good for what and all that stuff.

then once you are pretty good and got bored with your current guitar and have enough money go buy a new one, but remember, 80% sound comes from the amp so think through whether you need a new guitar or a new amp
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
I had a Monterey, after I learnt on a family members guitar (it was a Magnum Strat-style guitar) my parents bought me one, it was a Stage Series also, was about $350AUD. It was a great guitar, looked amazing, played alright... there were a few things about it that I didn't like by the time I was out of the beginner stage, but it was still nice. I actually sold it earlier this year to help afford my Epiphone Zakk Wylde. I do miss it a little bit.

Should be just fine. =]
Keep it and play for perhaps a year. Then you have had time to think about what you want in a guitar. I really regret getting my les paul after a couple of months of playing. Compared to what I've spent up to now on getting my MIM strat and others, I could have purchased a custom shop strat if I saved that money...
Alright, so maybe save up for a Les Paul? And buy it in about a years time you think?
Quote by Six_One_Zipp

It's up to you. I got myself a used MIM Strat after ~5 months of playing. Right now I'm saving up for a future amp and after that I will probably spend some money on my current guitar, pick ups and nut and such since I really like the guitar.

Just remember that most of your tone comes from the amp and not the guitar.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Yeah, well right now, with my family's struggle for money, it will be a while before I get another guitar anyway, which is perfectly fine with me anyway, as long as I have a guitar to play, I'm happy.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp

Quote by Horgande
Alright, so maybe save up for a Les Paul? And buy it in about a years time you think?

No, that's not what I meant. I mean, because I bought the guitar before I truly knew what I wanted in a guitar, I wasted £700.If I had waited a year or so, I could have used that money to get a better version of what I have now.
Ah ok, thanks.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp