Hey.
Theres a MASSIVE SALE , I MEAN LIKE BIGGER THAN MASSIVE sale at Mega Music ( my local music shop) .

There having a " Doorbuster " sale thing which is there making pricing some stuff at Unbelievably low prices ( up to 90% off ). No bulls**t , its the real deal . There selling a like ibanez 2570E vital gold for $199 but one only.Boss pedals have at least 25% off . Other pedals , doesn't say on Enough explaining.

I've got about $120 Aussie dollars . I really want to get a good distortion pedal . I'm going to try to get my hands on a Digitech Death metal pedal if they have one there. Any REALLY heavy sounding distortion pedal's boss uses?

I have a Fender Frontman 15G amp and im using the distortion on that atm , which is heavy enough for playing metal ( my favorite type of music ) .

FOR PEOPLE WHO CANT BE STUFFED TO READ THAT ^
Budget : $120 Australian dollars
I want : A decent distortion pedal
Amp : Fender Frontman 15G
Guitar : Squier Fat Strat ( S S H )

Thanks in advance.
You're trying to tell us you can get metal distortion on a Fender Frontman? What the hell are you smoking?

Borrow some cash from someone and get a Metal Muff if you can, because from what I've heard the Death Metal can be a b*tch when it comes to finding the right sound. But if not, get it cause it's better than most Boss metal pedals.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Does the metal muff have heavy , heavy distortion ? Also , does it come with a power supply when you buy it?
Save up and get a good guitar and amp first
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I agree he should get a better guitar and amp first (can you stretch to that Ibanez, because while I hate them with a passion it'll be better than the Squier, or what other guitars are going for that price) but if you can't, the Metal Muff is the best way to go for now. If you can haggle them, they may throw in a power supply but no promises. You'll probs have to pay for one. And yes, it haz TEH BROOTALZ distortion.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Okay you have some absolutely freaking amazing deals there.

My advice? Get that Peavey 6505 head that's going for $7.85 and get a cab that looks like it's a good deal that can take that head within your price range. Metal heaven.

Hell, if you can pick up a guitar in the process. While you're at it, get me something for helping you.
Quote by Cathbard
Dude get the Bugera amp on the 3rd page!!! and the Boss digital recorder for $7.85 and the RG for $11.80 **** buy me some and send em here I'm in NZ I'll send u money seriously like one of those $10 basses or guitars
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Oct 8, 2008,
It says that he can only get one of the things on the first 3 pages. I still say if you're into metal, get the Peavey 6505 head, leave with the rest of your money and save for a good cab.

And get a couple of your mates to come with you, and get one of them to get the Yamaha Pacifica that's $1 for me, and whatever Druz wants. We'll pay the shipping costs (both to NZ).
Quote by Cathbard
Lol.EHX Metal Muff = 269 F**K**G BUX.Didn't you see on the cover ? How many people there were.I think i wont even get my hands on anything because there ARE CRAPLOADS OF PEOPLE THERE.But i have a feeling i might be able to get some good stuff.HOPEFULLY THE RG170DX cause its probably the worst thing on the 3 pages.And FYI my friend said PEOPLE CAMP THERE SO THEY CAN GET THE BEST STUFF FIRST!.HOPE I GET THE RG170DX or better... Wouldn't be suprised if 5 minutes after opening , everything is gone.
Cant wait till satday! . B.C Rich !IBANEZ! Hope they have more than one if they expect the sale to go from 10am - 5pm..
Go camp there, take a couple of mates (pay them if you have to) and get the Bugera combo, the Peavey head and whatever guitar you fancy. You'll still save plenty. Hell, I don't care if you don't get me anything as long as you get either of the amps, cause amps are more important for your tone than guitars. And show us pics.
Quote by Cathbard
Where is this!?!?

If I live near it I'm going NAO!!!

edit: Australia!?!

*computes airplane ticket price + price of cheap awesome stuff*

...I might as well buy one at full price
Last edited by SeveralSpecies at Oct 8, 2008,
i guess they deserve it for being so ripped off on music gear normally....
Yup aussie land. Can't you tell from the .com.au in the URL? Hehehe 2 days till i can try get some gooodshit. Hope not that much people are there.
Go camp there Friday night.
Quote by Cathbard
You'd be crazy to think that there'd be no one there. Best take a few cold ones and camp out the store the night before.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Lol . My parents would never let me do something like that . So many people there .
Man i have a DS2 and with my fender FM65R sucks!!with atube amp rocks!!!!save for amp
Haha lol . They have a Bugera Valve 333 2 x 12 combo for $24.95 ! Can't wait : D
Quote by Quaned
Haha lol . They have a Bugera Valve 333 2 x 12 combo for $24.95 ! Can't wait : D

Edit: They have 1 - 333 for $24.95. IF you could get that one great, but I would bet that it will be sold right when the doors open. That is a good sale but they probably only have a couple items of each at that price. Good luck though. Would be great to hear you got that amp!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 10, 2008,
Uhhh well . Yup , good PRICES but theres a limit . One doorbuster item per customer and there about 50ish doorbuster items in the catalogue atm because it's just a sneak peek of what there selling at BS prices.

EDIT
Wanna hear something else so F**K*N crazy ? Peavey 6505 Head , $7.85!
Last edited by Quaned at Oct 10, 2008,
A 333 combo for $24.95 is worth camping out for as stated. Good luck!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Thanks . Hope i come back in once piece with no injuries etc. This place tries to make you buy stuff by saying its on sale like the Ibanez RG170DX , it says sale price , ORIGINAL PRICE = 399$ (Aussie ) Sale price = 299$ ( Aussie ) but on the site the price is 299$ ( Aussie ) with no sale . Lol.
Lol . Yeah don't expect alot of people to believe it . Well im gonna sleep .Sale is tomorrow . Ill post some pics if i get anything ..
WOOO . Ended up getting a Digitech Distortion Factory Pedal for 200 aussie dollar . If i went there at 9 or so i woulda got that B.C. Rich . Saw the Bugera Amp , some kid got it all thanks to him sleeping / camping outside the store.
lol i didn't even go. Do you know if they had any epiphone valve junior cabs there? I needs one and they're open on sunday
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Don't know mate . Go early though . Drive there at 6 / 7 cos there wont be much people there . Zzzzz im tired , i was standing in line for like 1 and a half hours!
Why bump an old as f*ck thread for that?
Quote by Cathbard