i have one, you can def get close to their tones with a tubescreamer and a fuzz pedal...i play a nashville tele and get pretty close on the strat pickup when turned up loud...also if ur worried about how loud it is, its f'n loud for its size and will be more than enough for small gigs
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by sharpant

Looking for that Hendrix/SRV Tone

Thanks!

Can you split or tap the humbuckers on the Ibanez's? Or do you have a strat un-named in your sig? Both those amps can get SRV tones, but single coils in the bridge and middle are key IMO. Hendrix didn't use fender amps generally so we are back to the strat question with him too.

To answer your question about the amps, for those tones the Blues gets my vote. But for that money, check around the used markets there is better out there for that kind of cash.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What would you say is better then in the used market? How are peavy classics?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Peavey Classics are good amps too. It depends on the used market, check your local stores, papers, websites. In the US we can get a used twin reverb or super reverb for what the Hot Rod or Blued Deluxe costs new. But in the UK, you may be better off looking for a used Classic 30. The Classic 30 and the Blues Deluxe are vastly different amps, but both can do SRV and Hendrix well. The BD will do SRV better, the C30 will do Hendrix better. Can you find a Vox AC30 used in that ballpark? It would be worth checking out too - it's more Hendrix voiced but great for classic blues ala SRV if eq'd right.

But you need a strat or single coil pup'd guitar to do either convincingly.
Gawd Fender is so frikkin overpriced by you. They are bad enough here but shite.
Generally we recommend spending more on the amp than the guitar, like twice as much.
Amps dictate tone moreso than guitar. good gutar + great amp>great guitar + good amp. But it's your preference and money so your call there. That's a nice tele no doubt.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71698 I think this would hit Hendrix and SRV better teamed up with the right amp. Maybe get some handwound RockMonkey pups for it.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vox-ac30-cc2-212-custom-clas/67836 This AC30 or a Classic 30 with tremolo, aka Delta Blues.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-delta-blues-210-bt/449 This Delta Blues

Or the blues deluxe, that is a good amp too. I should have asked, are you going to be giggin this amp? Anything turn up on your used local search?
Naa no gigging its just i see a lot of people getting one amp and one guitar and expecting it to be able to do anything, i have my shred setup complete, including a retube I spent around £1900 on my shred setup and am looking to spend around £1400/1500 on my clean setup

PGM301
Laney GH100L
Orange 2x12
THD Hotplate 16ohm

So now i want to complete a setup for beautiful cleans/overdrive
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
You should have no problem within that budget. Cleans only is kinda a no brainer. Try the Vox AC30 and see what you think. The strat I posted is going to have nice cleans. I am not a fan of stock pups, but the ones in the strat could be good. The Tele you posted with the Blues Deluxe would be nice but backwards in terms of amp v guitar cost. Another good combo would be the strat I posted and this....
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-vibrolux-reverb/337 Vibrolux Reverb 40 ish watts.
But if this isn't for gigging, would a Blues Jr (15 watts) or a Deluxe Reverb (22 watts) be loud enough for you? Also do you have any Ampeg dealers nearby? Great clean amps.
I don't gig but i think it would be nice to know if i wanted to i could, is this the amp you're referring to?
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-blues-junior/341
Wouldn't that go against you're theory to suggest a lower priced amp? Or is it that i am getting better value here as the amp is expensive for 15w

That amp is way over my Budget looking at £600 MAX
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Well the Blues Jr does go against the general "spend more on the amp" rule. But it seems I won't get you to do so. You seem set on spending more on the guitar, and that is your call completely. The Blues Jr can gig, you would need to mic it for clean headroom - and that IS what you are after. You know I feel the best clean set up would be the strat and vibrolux, but that's my opinion. The Vox AC30 has great cleans too, but they are voiced different from the fenders.

A - Awesome tele and Blues Deluxe/Delta Blues/Blues Jr/Classic 30
B - Strat & Vibrolux or AC30 or Deluxe Reverb.

Both scenarios should be in your overall budget if I did my math correctly. Try them and see what you think.

Any UK UG'ers wanna chime in? How would Laney's and such work for him? Orange? Comford? Maybe lead him to some good used amp options?
if you're sure about not gigging, what about a cornell romany plus? excellent amp, but low wattage (hence the no gigging thing). would annihilate those fenders in terms of tone, though. EDIT: i also agree about a strat being key to getting those tones too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The suggestion is much appreciated mate but that is WAY over my budget
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
i dunno, i mean subtract the price of the cornell and you'd still have £600-£700 to spend on the guitar, unless i'm missing something...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?