Its still not finished, only got the intro and verse done, can't seem to make up anything fitting after it though.
Critique and help for continuing it appreciated!
Attachments:
Metal song.zip
why does it sound so bad?
did you make it with a crappy keyboard or something?
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Bar 14 onwards, it needs some mids. 22 it just needs something for backing, it seems really empty.

At 26 maybe bring in a melody with like quavers? It needs something there.

After what you've done, maybe bring in a few more instruments, and have it build up? Have the drums play an open hi-hat instead, then lead into a solo or something?
Quote by led,rainsong

Gah, some people obviously havn't heard of general midi. This isn't a recording, he's just scoring the music, and playing it back as to give him an idea to what it will sound like recorded. Ofcourse in a real recording you will have real instruments, and alot more dynamics, but when writing on your own it can be hard visualising what a whole piece will sound like together, writing all the individual parts yourself.
Quote by led,rainsong

He probably exported the Guitar Pro file as a Midi file. Usually sounds rather bad

Intro and solo are really good! Verse should sound awesome with some lyrics.
Last edited by Musicman_91 at Oct 8, 2008,
Well, it was ok.
However, the thing that starts around bar 14 was really bad, but thats my opinion.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by Regression

At 26 maybe bring in a melody with like quavers? It needs something there.

I don't quite get what you mean, please clarify
Thanks for all the crits so far though, always nice to hear what other people thinks