I've been playing for a few years now, and I've been using a Boss ME-50 multi fx. I feel like i should buy individual pedals as the ME-50 only has decent effects. I'm hoping to get a crybaby, a distortion and some other effects like a phaser or chorus thats not above 100$ each. Any recommendations on really good pedals i should buy for the distortion, phaser, chorus, delay categories would be helpful as I don't know which pedals to buy. And maybe any other things i would need?
I'm not a pedal expert but Boss makes decent modulation pedals that in your price range. I would ditch the disti pedal idea (depending on your amp which is what?) and just get an Overdrive pedal like Tubescreamer or Bad Monkey.
I'm a pedal expert and if you ask me, I would go for an M-104 MXR Distortion+. They have the best heart-wrenching sound ever. Also, I'm assuming you're playing jazz based on your emoticons. And like what the above user posted, what amp are you using?
Well, I have 2 amps. One's this Ashdown tube amp, and the other is a small 20 watt amp. Oh, and I forgot to mention I wanted to play metal. lol
Quote by shreddingbread
Also, I'm assuming you're playing jazz based on your emoticons.

This guy's a mindreader.
If you have a tube amp, definitely look into a bad monkey or tubescreamer.
Ok, I looked into the tube screamer. Seems pretty good but you have to mod it to make it sound better? And what are your opinions about a Fulltone OCD?
Quote by naniwa
I've been playing for a few years now, and I've been using a Boss ME-50 multi fx. I feel like i should buy individual pedals as the ME-50 only has decent effects. I'm hoping to get a crybaby, a distortion and some other effects like a phaser or chorus thats not above 100$ each. Any recommendations on really good pedals i should buy for the distortion, phaser, chorus, delay categories would be helpful as I don't know which pedals to buy. And maybe any other things i would need?

Distortion- ProCo Rat2, Boss DS-1, MXR Distortion III, MXR Distortion+
Phaser-MXR phase 90, EHX Small Stone
Chorus- Modtone Aqua Chorus, EHX small clone, boss super chorus, Boss chorus ensemble
Delay-Boss DD-3, Digitech Digidelay, Danelectro DE-1, EHX #1 Echo

i highly suggest that you save up a bit more for the delay and get an MXR Carbon Copy, though.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.