Page 1 of 3
Dont get me wrong i loved family guy as much as the next guy but anyone seen season 7 so far?
It's awful, like painful to watch bad.

Is it just me feeling this.

I find myself leaning more towards american dad, which is still done at a high quality.
Llama

On

Llama
They're extending the, usually hilarious, long jokes too much and it gets lame/boring! Still watchable though imo
Same thing happened with the Simpsons, the older episodes are way funnier IMO. Once in awhile though, you get a new gem.
Your Signature:
I disagree, the two episodes of season 7 I've seen are amazing!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Oh haven't you heard? Cause I'd assumed you had.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I've always thought Family Guy is overrated, not very funny, and generally shite. The funniest thing is the baby's voice, and I'm not being funny but if the funniest thing in a comedy program is a voice then it makes me wonder whether I should be watching it . . .

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
When was it ever funny?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
The Simpsons has been entertaining people for over 18 years.

Family Guy's popularity will wane, because it doesn't have the longevity of The Simpsons, which is the epitome of the animated television world.

You can't ride a series filled with pop-culture references and irrelevent cutaway gags forever. Seth McFarlane's shows are pretty much all the same.

Overrated television show.
The first three seasons were hilarious. Definitely went downhill after that. Blue Harvest was funny and a few other random episodes were funny but all in all the show has gone way downhill
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Its been on the downturn since season 5 imo.

That was the last season I bothered buying.

I don't even download them anymore, I just watch them streaming somewhere because they're not worth the HD space.
It's okay. We have new episodes of South Park to make up for the Family Guy.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
7 season is awesome I don't get you
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Last edited by dungeon at Oct 9, 2008,
Quote by dungeon
7 season is awesome I don't you

This man gets my prestigious "Idiot of the Week" award.

Congratulations!

I've only watched til season four. It was ok at best.

But The Simpsons on the other hand...
so far its actually been hit and miss, i enjoyed the season premiere, but hated last weeks episode until the third act

american dad has been consistently the better show since its debut, and the simpsons has just been plateauing, theres an occasional stinker and an occasional gem of brilliance, but on the whole its generally entertaining and amusing
Quote by Josh Shiells

Family Guy's popularity will wane, because it doesn't have the longevity of The Simpsons, which is the epitome of the animated television world.

You can't ride a series filled with pop-culture references and irrelevent cutaway gags forever. Seth McFarlane's shows are pretty much all the same.

the simpsons is pretty much all cultural references, hence having a million celebrities on the programme

it is no longer funny or entertaining, i mean remember the classic episodes that dealt with genuine problems of the average family and was funny at the same time, like when Bart is nearly held back a year that was classic

but then look at the last 4 years and it's a joke, a very bad one and the movie optimized it
These shows need to know when to end, I love Family Guy but they should stop making it, not drag it on till the quality degrades.

This is what happened to the simpsons, it had a great run but took it way too far, it should have ended long ago, season 15 onward are just awful. Maybe they have the odd OK episode but they don't make up for the crap in between IMO.
It's always been horrid imo. I don't know how such a bad program could survive so long with quality stuff like American Dad and Drawn Together being around.
i disagree, but maybe thats because im a diehard fan :P , i do like the older ones better though
kthxbai.
Quote by TheQuailman
It's always been horrid imo. I don't know how such a bad program could survive so long with quality stuff like American Dad and Drawn Together being around.

at least they're still better than our tv shows.

I've always thought Family Guy is overrated, not very funny, and generally shite. The funniest thing is the baby's voice, and I'm not being funny but if the funniest thing in a comedy program is a voice then it makes me wonder whether I should be watching it . . .
+1
I am f*cking fed up with those interchangeable jokes too!
"This reminds me of the time I...", "This is worse than the time I...", etc. And they are rarely funny, which is worse than them being there at all.
i never liked family guy for me its South Park, Futurama, and old school simpsons
I'm so hip your grandpa broke me.
Quote by CoreysMonster
at least they're still better than our tv shows.

Only thing worse than our tv shows is rectal cancer, so.... yeah.
Season 1 was quite good. Seasons 2, 3 and 4 were hilarious. 5 and 6 were OK, and what I have seen of season 7 so far, it seems quite good.

I think that it is becoming a bandwagon trend to say that any animated TV show is going downhill. Damn Simpsons.

On the topic of Seth Macfarlane, has anyone seen his Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy thing. I've just seen the latest one and it's terrible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIYI50XDkPc

Sethy-pie, please don't become a sellout

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!
Season 5 was amazing, the best in my opinion. Now I've only season ep.2 of season 7 but I thought it was really good. B-B-B-B-Bird is the word
Quote by Josh Shiells

That's all a matter of opinion.

I don't think the Simpsons has longevity. In fact I think the Simpsons should have died years ago and let Futurama take its place since it was 1000000000 times funnier.

On topic, I think series 7's been brilliant. If anything series 1-3 are worse than 4-7 IMO.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I've seen everything, my favourite season was 6. 7 is alright so far, but I think they're focusing too much on the storylines.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
American dad isn't even funny in my opinion. Looking back at the Simpsons it wasn't even really funny every it's just a good show, but Family Guy you actually get laugh out of.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I've been impressed with season 7 so far considering how bad season 6 was.

"And boom goes the dynamite."
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by justinrobbins7
Same thing happened with the Simpsons, the older episodes are way funnier IMO. Once in awhile though, you get a new gem.

The first season or so of the Simpsons is... not that fun IMO. The seasons onward until a certain point are good though.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by Hames3rd
I find myself leaning more towards american dad, which is still done at a high quality.

American Dad is one of those shows that makes me chuckle once per episode but still manages to be a worthy distraction for 30 minutes. I swear to god I don't know how they do it. I'd never start watching it regularly, though. It'd get old faster than Family Guy did.
Family Guy has been shit for the last four series.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I always thought it went downwards after Season 3...

And even those seasons weren't that good

IMO The Simpsons is wayyyyy better than Family Guy

And South Park, and Scrubs...
scrubs blows.

family guy has some pretty entertaining episodes,

although I find house funnier than family guy.
I think the only really good comedy on TV now is Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I saw the first episode of The Life and Times of Tim, which looks promising.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Page 1 of 3