I would like to buy a Fender Blues Junior in the USA because they are cheaper there, but I live in Europe and don't want to carry along a bulky transformer to make the amp go from 110 to 220/230 volts. Is it hard to switch out the internal transformer for the amp, and is it possible to order just a power transformer from them for 220.230 European standard?
I have built an amp and transformers are expensive and hard to puy in and to change. You'll save more with just buying a Euro one...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Oh another Swede?

Well you'll still loose you know. Shipping to here is about 700-100 kr, then add the 25% of import taxes to start with. Then finding a transformer is also hard, the cheapest would be Hammond, which I don't know if it works for a Blues Jr, running at about 700-1500kr depending on brand!

I'd get from here:
http://www.thomann.de/se/fender_blues_junior.htm

Shipping is only 150kr and those guys are great!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I was planning a trip to N.Y. soon so I thought I'd take care of some business too, but Thomann does have descent prices. Where in Sweden are you located?

Quote by Gabel
Oh another Swede?

Well you'll still loose you know. Shipping to here is about 700-100 kr, then add the 25% of import taxes to start with. Then finding a transformer is also hard, the cheapest would be Hammond, which I don't know if it works for a Blues Jr, running at about 700-1500kr depending on brand!

I'd get from here:
http://www.thomann.de/se/fender_blues_junior.htm

Shipping is only 150kr and those guys are great!
I'm in Gbg.... I just uploaded my guitar demo onto my profile if you're interested in hearing it...
I'm checking out your profile now...

Quote by Gabel
Stockholm, but it's the same for everywhere.
Yeah I saw that you were from Gothenburg, but there won't be any difference in shipping really.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band