Hi All,

Can anybody give feedback on the Fender Artist Series Mark Knopfler Signature Stratocaster guitar? Mark's guitaring has unique tone and does the Fender Artist Series Mark Knopfler Signature Strat give the exact same tone from it's pick ups?

Also its a pretty expensive guitar ($1599) n is there any other way I can get a similar sound for less money? Like can I buy a standard Fender US or Mexican strat or even a squire strat or Ibanez RG and change the pick ups to get that tone, since the sound is ultimately made by the pick ups and if yes which pick ups would give me a similar sound and how much would they cost? Thanks
You might want to take a look at Mark's amp, pedals, etc. before the guitar for his sound.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Underjoggle
You might want to take a look at Mark's amp, pedals, etc. before the guitar for his sound.

This, and keep in mind that a good portion of your sound is in the fingers. You will never be able to sound exactly like Knopfler, even if you reproduce his rig down to the cables.
His sound mainly comes from his (tex mex?) pickups combined with fender amps for sultans of swing, but for brothers in arms you might try a les paul and a marshall. Which amp do you have ?
Quote by Canucks486
His sound mainly comes from his (tex mex?) pickups combined with fender amps for sultans of swing, but for brothers in arms you might try a les paul and a marshall. Which amp do you have ?

I have a Line 6 Spider 3 15 watt amp and a digitech rp 150 processor
Quote by Canucks486

He actually has played Les Pauls and 335s for a long time now. He does play some Strats and Teles (and even a Gretsch) but his main guitars were a Schecter Strat back in the day through a Vibrolux.

The Brothers in Arms sound is a Reissue LP (with his b-day as the serial) through a Soldano SLO-100 and a few Pensa guitars - Pensa has made the MK-1 for many years. The early ones are Pensa-Suhr from when Rudy Pensa was partners with John Suhr. As well as some Strats, Teles, Nationals, etc...

The Money For Nothing sound is an SLO-100 through a fixed crybaby wha and a reissue LP.

His SLO-100 was modified by Pete Cornish as well.

MK also uses an EB volume pedal a lot.
Quote by SenorSmiley
He actually has played Les Pauls and 335s for a long time now. He does play some Strats and Teles (and even a Gretsch) but his main guitars were a Schecter Strat back in the day through a Vibrolux.

The Brothers in Arms sound is a Reissue LP (with his b-day as the serial) through a Soldano SLO-100 and a few Pensa guitars - Pensa has made the MK-1 for many years. The early ones are Pensa-Suhr from when Rudy Pensa was partners with John Suhr. As well as some Strats, Teles, Nationals, etc...

The Money For Nothing sound is an SLO-100 through a fixed crybaby wha and a reissue LP.

His SLO-100 was modified by Pete Cornish as well.

MK also uses an EB volume pedal a lot.

Well Actually I was there when he did it
On the actual studio version it was a Jim Kelley FACS with his Pensa-Suhr guitar and the tone rolled off and no wah, live he found it easier to capture with the LP and the Wah since he no longer used the Jim Kelley. He didnt actually own the SLO (which I sold to him) until after the album was recorded. He purchased the SLO100's for the tour