So ... I hate this ... I need a guitar and I don't know whether to get a Jackson RR3 or a Epiphone Les Paul G400 ... urgh!!

Bands I like: The All American Rejects, The Ataris, Avenged Sevenfold, Avril Lavigne, Bad Religion, Blink 182, Bloc Party, Bullet For My Valentine, Escape The Fate, Good Charlotte, Green Day, HIM!!!!, Kill Hannah, Lost Prophets, Madina Lake, Mayday Parade, Metallica, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Misfits, MUSE, MxPx, My Chemical Romance, New Found Glory, Newton Faulkner, NIRVANA, No Use For A Name, NOFX, Oasis, The Offspring, Paramore, Pearl Jam, Ramones, Rasmus, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Sex Pistols, Simple Plan, Smashing Pumpkins, The Strokes, Sum 41, Taking Back Sunday, U2, The Vines and 30 Seconds to Mars!

HIM are the best ... but I also play in a metalcore band so I want something that can play Heavy shit ... cries in corner
yes it annoys me very much.

go for the les paul
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
RR3. No question. The Les Paul is good, but for the "heavy shit" you'll need a heavy guitar.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

how can you not knowing what guitar to pick not annoy anybody?

go for les paul, rr is too metal for you
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by m4l666
RR3. No question. The Les Paul is good, but for the "heavy shit" you'll need a heavy guitar.

yeh too right ... iv bin finkin nd only rr3 gives me a big orgasm
well get the rr3 if.....all you want to play is metal
get the les paul if you want to play more than just metal....i has a les pauls and the give you a really deap heavy distortion which i think kicks ass compared to some of the what i call "Shredding guitars"
This is a G chord....i used to be in a cranberries tribute band.
You're favorite bands are sh!t. But, yeah, get the Jackson. I'd prefer a Kelly model, but RR3 is good too.
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    Quote by Who-Killed-Joy
    yeh too right ... iv bin finkin nd only rr3 gives me a big orgasm

Please oh dear god learn how to spell first before getting a new axe. And there is no such thing as a Epi LP G-400. G-400 is the Epi SG.

And to contribute something, get the Epiphone Les Paul Standard/Custom. Its more suited to playing that vast and diverse list of bands you like.
    Originally Posted by Devon8822
    No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
    thanks man

^To me

My gear:
    Ibanez RG370DX
    Roland Cube 30
    Quote by fatboythin
    Please oh dear god learn how to spell first before getting a new axe. And there is no such thing as a Epi LP G-400. G-400 is the Epi SG.

And to contribute something, get the Epiphone Les Paul Standard/Custom. Its more suited to playing that vast and diverse list of bands you like.

+1
    The RR1 is way too Metal for that kind of music.
    Quote by Who-Killed-Joy
    So ... I hate this ... I need a guitar and I don't know whether to get a Jackson RR3 or a Epiphone Les Paul G400 ... urgh!!

Bands I like: The All American Rejects, The Ataris, Avenged Sevenfold, Avril Lavigne, Bad Religion, Blink 182, Bloc Party, Bullet For My Valentine, Escape The Fate, Good Charlotte, Green Day, HIM!!!!, Kill Hannah, Lost Prophets, Madina Lake, Mayday Parade, Metallica, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Misfits, MUSE, MxPx, My Chemical Romance, New Found Glory, Newton Faulkner, NIRVANA, No Use For A Name, NOFX, Oasis, The Offspring, Paramore, Pearl Jam, Ramones, Rasmus, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Sex Pistols, Simple Plan, Smashing Pumpkins, The Strokes, Sum 41, Taking Back Sunday, U2, The Vines and 30 Seconds to Mars!

HIM are the best ... but I also play in a metalcore band so I want something that can play Heavy shit ... cries in corner

you sir disguist me
    you do not deserve an rr3
    but u do deserve epi les paul
    have a cookie
    Quote by powerhead
    It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
    --(Matt)--
    cmalm04
    dwmacfar2
    Ugh.. People who post this shit on someones forum because they don't like the kind of music the person wants to learn disgust me. Keep your fking opinions to yourself, you may have one, but nobody gives a damn what it is.
    I need some help picking out a new girl friend. Who should I date?

That's kind of how a lot of these "which guitar" threads sound to me. Most electric guitars can accomodate a large variety of styles other than semi hollows etc. So the point is, which guitar sounds/feels better to you? That's one you should get.
    You want the G-400. An RR3 would be like John Frusciante whipping out a razorback to play Californication. Also, the epi G-400 is an SG model, not a Les Paul
    Quote by Who-Killed-Joy

LEs paul g400 hahahaha

g400 is an sg...
    RR3 + Avril Lavinge=EPIC FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
    EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
    Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
    Dude, go for the rr3, for the people saying that its too metal, it has the semore duncan jb - jazz set, which is an extremely versatile pickup set. I have the g-400 custom, which is good, but the rr3 is much better
    Quote by Necrophagist777
    RR3 + Avril Lavinge=EPIC FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

I'm sorry, who are you to tell him that?

And my vote goes for the Les Paul, because you can't switch tunings easily on the RR3.
    RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
    Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
    Quote by fatboythin
    .... And there is no such thing as a Epi LP G-400. G-400 is the Epi SG.

You just owned everyone who didn't realize that. Nice job.
    Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
    Quote by Who-Killed-Joy

Wow Avril Lavigne.. unbelieveable..
    Well you can get an Epiphone g-400 and change the pickups (if you dont get your awesome tone to play avril lavigne)
    Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
    Wow Avril Lavigne.. unbelieveable..
    Well you can get an Epiphone g-400 and change the pickups (if you dont get your awesome tone to play avril lavigne)

+1

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
    EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
    Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
    Quote by Who-Killed-Joy

i love paramore!
    avril lavigne is nothing compared to simple plan, at least she doesnt whine and bitch about her rich hollywood life in every song.
    Gear:
    Aria lawsuit V
    epiphone E-310 strat copy
    peavey vypyr 15
    boss blues driver II
    Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
    Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff