Hi!
I have a problem: my left hand's pinky finger's (is that what you call the smallest finger?) moving range and ability is lesser than my right hand's (the head of the finger is less controllable), but it's hitting more harshly and stronger (I feel like a small crack every time I hit with it). I noticed this after starting to play guitar. When I hold my other fingers back, it's almost impossible to crook it, but on the right hand it's possible. Am I the only one having this? Have I hurt my finger and will it be a harm to my guitar playing career? Should I see a doctor?
Thank you!
friend of mine had a similar problem, he had lost some movement in his becuase of a tendon problem in the ball bit at the top of the palm just below the finger, he went to the doctors and they couldn't really do much with it, it was either operate or live with it, cus it may heal over time, but i'd definately get it checked out dude if your a serious musician and it is hampering your playing. check the net out aswell, apparently theres some prety good excersises and things to regain movement or improve it, kinda like home hand physio which jus sounds wrong but could work!

hope that helps a little dude!
you dont really use your pinky for playing guitar... i mean rarlely
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant

what? isnt that right?

*senses epic fail* D:
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
The only people that don't use it a lot are people who can't use it, and oh god, it makes me cry when people put a lot together as one word
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by Serjem

****ing idiot.

To threadstarter, it takes practice it's something we've all been through.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
****ing idiot.

To threadstarter, it takes practice it's something we've all been through.

I don't think practice will make it more moving. The thing is it's very dependant on the finger next to it. When I move my pinky, the other finger moves too.
The right hand isn't like that so much.
I'm going to bet that you're right handed then, correct? Yes, even still it just requires practice.
I have the same problem too. but i dont think its a problem. right hand shouldnt have that problem because you use it a lot in your life. Also my guitar teacher asked me if i could do those figures with my pinky and i said no and he started doing it and said after some time youll also do it so it shouldnt be a big problem i guess...