oki i have a 400$ budget
i can get an ESP STD LTD(lol) MH 53 for around 300$ ( the one on the bottom http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m.html)

its got 1 humbucker+ 2 single coil, maple fretboard and basswood body(?)

or i can get an EX 50 for 320 $ ( http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_ex.html)
2 humbuckers, rosewood fingerboard

and i can get a 10 watt marshall amp at around 70$
or a 5 watt roland microcube for 95 $

which combo is better? anyone suggest any similar guitar+amp for around 400$?

anyone played any of these guitars?plz tell me abt their sound quality and stuff

this is going to be my first electric guitar......
EX-50 + Micro Cube is the best bet =]
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Its an LTD, dont make me come and explain

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
save your money more, and get a better ESP, like an EC-500. dont get a POS cause you want it now.
the only thing i'll say is that you should be wary of your first guitar's body shape. It might be better to go with the MH than the EX, just for comfort's sake and all that. Personally I don't think it matters (my first guitar was a Jackson Rhodes), but when I started out I was pretty nervous when I played with mates and I got a lot of jip for having 'a triangle with a plank stuck to the top of it'. Mates taking the piss out of your guitar while you're playing + extreme inferiority complex = much depression/humiliation.

You probably won't have my problems anyway. I'd say go for the EX and the Cube. I have a 30W cube and it kicks ass. "Small but mighty" is the excuse I have when I go jam with buddies now :P
Do you play acoustic already? I would really hate for you to spend 400 dollars on a guitar and then in a week say "this sucks, i dont like playing guitar". If you dont already play acoustic, then i would go with the cheapest guitar you can get your hands on, there is always time to upgrade.

With that in mind, here is the standard for starting out playing guitar.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Bullet-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo?sku=517304
The Microcube is a good choice for an amp.

If you already play acoustic, and know you arent going to quit in a week, i would go with this. I dont particularly care for the cheaper LTDs.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar?sku=512492
Quote by rk_lprox
oki i have a 400$ budget
i can get an ESP STD LTD(lol) MH 53 for around 300$ ( the one on the bottom http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m.html)

its got 1 humbucker+ 2 single coil, maple fretboard and basswood body(?)

or i can get an EX 50 for 320 $ ( http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_ex.html)
2 humbuckers, rosewood fingerboard

and i can get a 10 watt marshall amp at around 70$
or a 5 watt roland microcube for 95 $

which combo is better? anyone suggest any similar guitar+amp for around 400$?

anyone played any of these guitars?plz tell me abt their sound quality and stuff

this is going to be my first electric guitar......

that ex-50 is pretty overpriced. they're only $199 around here. where'd you get that price from ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I'd go for the LTD MH-53. Neither you chose are a bad guitar, but the MH will fit in a normall guitar bag, and will be more comphortable to play stoof up and sat down witch is importand for a beginer. But both guitars are good, infact i prefer the bridge on the EX

Choose either, and maybie look at some more guitars

But definatly get the micro cube, they sound awesome, you'll probly keep it as a practice amp for years and years. You can get loads of differant sounds out of it and there very strong and reliable
Quote by ArcFett
save your money more, and get a better ESP, like an EC-500. dont get a POS cause you want it now.

+1 don't buy something too cheap, you'll end up getting a new guitar less than a year later like I did.
Do you play acoustic already? I would really hate for you to spend 400 dollars on a guitar and then in a week say "this sucks, i dont like playing guitar". If you dont already play acoustic, then i would go with the cheapest guitar you can get your hands on, there is always time to upgrade.

this
and are you going to be playing metal?
i wouldnt get a guitar with active pickups for my first guitar, unless i was absolutely positively shure that i would only be playing metal.
i would say get an ibanez, they have better guitars in the $400 range.
Quote by stratdud39
this
and are you going to be playing metal?
i wouldnt get a guitar with active pickups for my first guitar, unless i was absolutely positively shure that i would only be playing metal.
i would say get an ibanez, they have better guitars in the $400 range.

ok i do want to play metal
i used to play acoustic till now,i want to try some metal
as for the active pickups, ive heard something that if you're bad then they make you sound worse......is that true?

the m-53 has only 1 active p.u. maybe ill go for that if i get a good deal
I am pretty sure neither of those guitars have active pickups so I don't know why stratdud39 even brought that up.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Quote by Copilot911
I am pretty sure neither of those guitars have active pickups so I don't know why stratdud39 even brought that up.

lol

im still not sure abt going for 2 humbuckers........although it is only about 20$ more

this is without bargaining, i can get atleast 10% off after bargaining
lets see
Why did you lol at my comment?

Also why do you want not what a humbucker? Single coils are not for metal at all.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Quote by rk_lprox
the m-53 has only 1 active p.u. maybe ill go for that if i get a good deal

the m-53 has 3 passive pickups
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
why don't you try the used market. I just picked up an EC-400 MINT for $200 cash.. That guitar is WAYY better than any LTD-50 model, and will sound good as a first guitar to even a performing or recording guitar.

Go used, in your price range you can definitely pick up something sweet that would otherwise cost you a hell of a lot more money.

And if you still want a LTD-50, most of those go for under $100 on craigslist. Don't bother paying top dollar for that crap.
Quote by Copilot911
Why did you lol at my comment?

Also why do you want not what a humbucker? Single coils are not for metal at all.

no offence, i just lol ed coz we were discussing something that wasnt even correct

and i think ill be playing some cleans and basically not always metal so i might need more flexibility.....so i think m53 would be good as it has 1 humbucker and 2 single coils
Quote by DamXT
300$ for those pieces of crap is insane. Like the others said, go used.

well when your saying crap, whether your reffering to ibanez or ltd, they're both kinda crap in that range, so ya, go used definitely.
so im going for the m53 and im going to try out an Ibanez rg something to see if its good
thanks
i am in exactly same situation like u with 300 bucks and wanting a metal guitar, ESP/LTD particularly. i got ibanez for 300 buck but then saw on CL a used ec-400 same price. return the ibanez asap and get the ltd quick, the improvement was amazing so yeah, go used
Bedroom Set up:

ESP LTD EC-400 with 81/60 EMG
Yamaha SJ550HR, 1980's Strat (rare guitar)
Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff

Saving up for ESP Uruha's Signature Guitar