Ok so just out of curiosity, I sent for a trade-in quote on my guitar.

It is an LTD KH-202 from about 3 years ago. It is in excellent condition, and the pickups have been replaced with an EMG-81 and an EMG-85.

So I have about $700 invested in this guitar brand new, but the price of the KH-202 has dropped about $60 since i bought it. So if everything were brand new today, it would be just over $600. That means that half price is about $300 (duh). Being that it is used, but in excellent condition, I would expect to sell it for somewhere around half price, give or take a bit.

They offered me $119 for it. Is this ridiculous, or am I just overestimating the value of my guitar?
I know where i work they do the following. Let's say you have a perfect EC-1000 which new is $900. First off they knock it down to $600 because it is used then they will only give you HALF of the used price, so $300. Whenever a customer comes in wanting to trade in or sell his gear I just tell him to try and do it online. I am not in the business to rip people off.
there is not point in trading the gear to guitar center or mf, just sell it on craigslist or ebay
Quote by Ghold125
there is not point in trading the gear to guitar center or mf, just sell it on craigslist or ebay

+1
I sold a guitar+amp for 4 times what musicians friend offered me, their offer is a complete joke
they offered me 58 bucks for my ibanez and hardshellcase

yea right, no way im selling it that low
Thanks guys, I'm not actually interested in selling it, I just got the quote out of curiosity, and then created this thread to find out it's true value. It's good to know that their quote isn't accurate and that it is actually worth much more. Thanks again.
You have to remember that $900 new model is probably costing the store $400 or 350.00, so they really have no insentive to give you more then they could get a new one for.