Whats goin on guys/gals? I recently bought a mandolin and I'm looking for any advise on where to start for playing tips, web sites, any information would help really. Thanks for the time.
Quote by Don Rickles
Dude that link doesn't even work...

He was trying to be funny.
but failed.

Moved to MT
Been away, am back
Music theory is a magical thing that can be taken to any instrument.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Some tabs on UG have mandolin parts, for example, "Going to California" or "The Battle of Evermore" are some good Led Zeppelin tunes that have mandolin in them.

EDIT: Also these sites have chords and such:

http://home.inreach.com/jsherida/katie/mandolin.html

http://www.users.csbsju.edu/~eknuth/mandotab/

I found these in about 30 seconds using google fyi.
Quote by Logz
He was trying to be funny.
but failed.

Moved to MT

Actually his joke wasn't lost on me. You, however...
Quote by Don Rickles

Me either, I chuckled at it
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by Don Rickles

Well perhaps if you had actually been here longer than 10 months, you'd realise those "jokes" happen all the time in site feedback

Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
Well perhaps if you had actually been here longer than 10 months, you'd realise those "jokes" happen all the time in site feedback

Meh, 2 to 1. You lose. Plus I've only ever seen that joke once.
But in all serious, vernon421, you should just google it.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
www.mandolincafe.com is a really good site with tabs, a chord generator, and a good forum on mandolin stuff. There are a few modern song tabs in the tab section (Mostly either Zeppelin parts or other songs tabbed for mandolin) but there are a TON of jigs, reels, hornpipes, etc. Once you get the feel for them the jigs and hornpipes are a lot of fun to play.
Nor less I deem that there are Powers
Which of themselves our minds impress;
That we can feed this mind of ours
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm
ok ok ok outside of the jokes/failed jokesd in the case of some of us. Thanks for the information. Any news is goos news when you have a limited understanding of the instrument. I have Googled/Yahooed the crap out of it. And I'm basically getting the same thing. "I'ts gonna take a little time, as with anything". Thanks for the help. Keep it coming. Jokes and all. AIRBORNE!