So when I went off the computer last night, started writing some songs because i haven't wrote anything in a while

Anyway I was thinking "this is awesome! best thing I've wrote in a while, I recon this song is definatley a keeper"

But i came on the computer a hour or two a go and started listening to music in my playlist and it's just so depressing knowing that my best is no were near as good as most of the stuff on my playlist

Anyone else get this kinda feeling too?
I piss excellence
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
i get that feeling then i play my playlist and realize i just ripped off half the songs on there xD
Quote by mitchells_mom
I totally agree with LegionsOfDeath

Quote by Ovenman
Photoshop is for n00bs. Real men use MS paint.

tr00f
I ejaculate awesomeness

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Don't worry, now I'm here, it'll balance out.

Seriously, just work on it. Look at what it is you like about their songwriting and try to incorporate it into your own work.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
[quote="'']Wow what are you eating!?

Gonna go out on a limb here and say..........

Silver
I eat clay and shit bricks
It is still my opinion that a lightning rod atop of a church shows a lack of confidence.

Quote by watchingmefall
Love has no boundaries. Except maybe dead people and liking your mom.
I tend to like all the stuff i write...be kinda weird if i thought it was shit. I only write stuff i want to hear.
Sig space available, give me some praise
I made an awesome riff once then listened to "Bomber" by Motorhead. It was blatantly obvious where I got the idea for the riff
My songs are about average compared to standards, although I don't have much input from other people, and don't have brilliant production.
Quote by Eminored
I wonder what a UG public bathroom would be like...

Filled with more pedophiles than the Vatican.

And don't worry about it so much, every musician has an artist they strive to "be as good as". Just take your time.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by break-me-in
Don't worry, now I'm here, it'll balance out.

Seriously, just work on it. Look at what it is you like about their songwriting and try to incorporate it into your own work.

Well I do that, but not to much because then I end up with a ripped off song lol

It's not that my songs/riffs are terrible, there just not as good by quite alot. I'm still going to keep trying, and my stuff getting better

It's just a kinda depressing thought knowing I will never be as awesome as my favorite bands
Quote by Chrisiphone
I ejaculate awesomeness

Sigging That!
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
Oh Wait i Cant, too many characters >
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
Quote by madbasslover
You're a girl?

I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Naw. I think my music pairs up pretty well against some stuff I have on.

Quote by madbasslover
You're a girl?

Zing!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 8, 2008,
[quote="'']
It's just a kinda depressing thought knowing I will never be as awesome as my favorite bands

You can't really say that, just keep at it and you'll get better with time. I remember a couple of years ago I wrote this song and I was proper chuffed with it, but I just listened to it a few days ago and I couldn't believe how poor it was, compared with what I do now. I'm sure in a few more years I'll think the stuff I'm doing now is crap. You just gotta keep at it because you will improve.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
You can't really say that, just keep at it and you'll get better with time. I remember a couple of years ago I wrote this song and I was proper chuffed with it, but I just listened to it a few days ago and I couldn't believe how poor it was, compared with what I do now. I'm sure in a few more years I'll think the stuff I'm doing now is crap. You just gotta keep at it because you will improve.

Yea i supose thats why alot of bands don't like their first few albums even when the fans do