So i feel its around time i treat myself with a new guitar.
I don't have much to spend and i'm looking for something around 700-800eur.

I like to play punk-ish stuff and all but lately i've been getting a lot into folk rock, surf n that kinda thing.
So in my budget i can get myself a Gibson SG Special or a non-american made Fender Telecaster.

I presume the Gibson SG would be good for playing my punk style riffs, heavy playing n all.
But the Tele would be a better choice for the softer folk rock/surf kinda stuff.

I've currently got an Ibanez RG321 which i could still use for playing heavy stuff too though.

I'm not a shredder and i don't play much metal.
But i'm looking for a good guitar cuz i won't be buying another one after this for a good while. Though i plan on saving up and buying a proper Gibson Les Paul someday, but for now i think i've narrowed my choices down to these two.

So what do you guys think is the better choice??
The Gibson SG Special or the non-american Fender Tele?
I'd go for a telecaster if I were you, they suit the genres you listed really well (even punk).

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
id go for the tele. mexican made tele's are a pretty good value for the price. and you can get some great tones out of it. also, considering you have that ibanez, depending on how the pickups sound it might be an overkill getting the SG. the experiances ive had with the low end gibson SG's havent been good. i go to my local guitar center often to test out guitars and i have yet to find one of those i really like (personally). i think having the tele will give you more of a variety of sounds based on your current set up. you could always replace the pup's in your ibanez if you have the money and you want a warmer tone from them anyways later on instead of spending 700 bucks on a crappy piece of equipment. but its up to you, go with what feels best to you!

good luck!
Well, I play an SG Standard and is very versatile but for what you want I think a tele could be a good choice, I've never played one but I have heard good things about them.
I have both, and play both styles on both guitars. Play each one, and pick the one that feels better to you right now. Then buy the other one as soon as you can afford it. Seriously, you have picked the two guitars that you either buy and love, or spend your whole life regretting not buying. Just come to grips with the fact that you need both of them as soon as possible, and it will make everything much easier on you. Also, keep in mind the Tele can get REALLY heavy if you want it to. In all honesty, both guitars will suit all of those styles.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The Telecaster, punk sounds better through a single coil also.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by Mikeyw1233
Well, I play an SG Standard and is very versatile but for what you want I think a tele could be a good choice, I've never played one but I have heard good things about them.

Yeah, like the SG Standard is good, but its also more than what i can afford.
I can afford a SG Special but thats a stripped down model of the SG standard n not as good as i herd.

My Ibanez is currently having some problems with its set up too as its become really noisy n muddy n there's a considerable bit of fret buzz. So i don't really wanna spend more on it and i doubt new pick ups will make a big change to it.

I'ld love to own them both, but i can only afford one so i've gotta make the choice. Either gonna be a Mexican/Jap Tele or a cheap Gibson SG...

I guess i'll hafta check em out in the stores to make the final decision but currently i'm inclining towards the Tele. As i'm getting more and more into the whole folk rock thing.

But the problem is once i start working on my solo project (sometime end of this year/early next year), i'll need a heavy sounding guitar with a full humbucker tone (Tool, NIN kinda sound). So if i get the Tele, i'll have to fix my Ibanez to get it sounding right or try to make the Tele sound heavy!
if you can get a Jap Tele, better than an Mexican, either way the Tele is an amazing guitar.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95