i really want to learn to play in similar styles to aerosmith, motley crue, guns n roses, etc

but i'm not sure where to start, i know basic theory and i have been playing for about 2 years, so what advice can you give me to develop and perfect that style of music?

thanks in advance
learn their songs...?

Just act really cool whilst playing simple scales with lots of tapping distortion then you'll fit right in.
lol, i should have added i'm not really into tabs, i need to learn how to make up my own songs
Quote by Anthony1991
tapping distortion

wtf is tapping distortion??

And yea, he should just learn their songs.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Learn some more theory and then learn as many of their songs as possible, once you have the theory and the songs under your belt you should be able to understand how they're put together and therefore you should be able to make your own.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Id work mainly on Penatonic riffs, getting your speed up, and learning your major, minor, and penatonic scales. Most of what Mick Mars, Joe Perry, and Slash do are in penatonics, lke the Sweet Child O Mine solo is all in Minor Penatonics. Do try to learn their songs and solos, that should help even more than just theory stuff.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Learn some more theory and then learn as many of their songs as possible, once you have the theory and the songs under your belt you should be able to understand how they're put together and therefore you should be able to make your own.

+1

I don't know why you have that mentality, but learning other artist's songs is practically essential to learning how to play like them...
Quote by Warheart1188
wtf is tapping distortion??

And yea, he should just learn their songs.

-Slaps you-
Quote by 90skid@heart
lol, i should have added i'm not really into tabs, i need to learn how to make up my own songs

You should learn songs, and practice scales to get to know the fretboard and just be able to play faster.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->