Bugera 333XL-212
6 15%
Valveking 112 w/speaker tube swap
10 26%
B-52 AT-112
7 18%
Voters: 39.
ok well i play mostly metal but i do some cleans to

i have been looking for a while and started a few threads and hears the list ive come up with

to be more exact i have a schecter c-1 and a mim strat and i play Atreyu, All That Remains and light stuff like John Mayer and Mark Tremonti style cleans

i like the bugeras but they are the absolute top of my price range and for the valve king i was thinking a texas heat and jj tubes
the valve king would be Okay but not great I would say bugeara

but maybe get a valve Jr or something like it and push it with a high gain od?

the randals your best bet though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bugera 6262. has better cleans than the Randall, IMO, but the 333XL is going to be the most versatile.
I say use the goddamn searchbar. Literally about 100 threads on
"Which metal amp for me" Just use it. Come on. It's not a bad thing to read through other threads before posting a new one.
Quote by jarudy
I say use the goddamn searchbar. Literally about 100 threads on
"Which metal amp for me" Just use it. Come on. It's not a bad thing to read through other threads before posting a new one.

+1,346,280

just wanted someone else to say it this time.
i have read through the other threads but i havent found any with all of these choices put together and if you dont like "which metal amp is best for me" threads why do you bother to post a comment and flame somebody

i like the bugeras but im not sure about which one because supposedly the 333xl is better for cleans but the 6262 has better high gain
Just clarifying....Atreyu is not metal....can I get a 2nd? Aye, Aye, Aye....MOTION PASSED

On topic: I'd say either the Randall or the Bugera 6262. The VK doesn't have enough gain, and the B52 is one of the most overrated amps I've ever played in my life, it's lifeless.
Quote by Nick111111111
i have read through the other threads but i havent found any with all of these choices put together and if you dont like "which metal amp is best for me" threads why do you bother to post a comment and flame somebody

i like the bugeras but im not sure about which one because supposedly the 333xl is better for cleans but the 6262 has better high gain

the 333XL is based off of the Peavey Triple XXX. the 6262 is based off of the Peavey 6505, which does not have good cleans even though it's a $1000 amp.

if cleans are a definite must for you, i would suggest the 333Xl. if you want to spend a bit more, get a Randall MTS 50 or 100 watt head. basically, it's a head with two (50 watt model) or three (100 watt model) interchangeable preamps. so, you can have your fender clean in one channel, marshall cruch in the second and Bogner dirt in the third. they have modules that copy vox amps, fender amps, marshall, and lots of others, 20 in total i think.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by zhunt1130
Just clarifying....Atreyu is not metal....can I get a 2nd? Aye, Aye, Aye....MOTION PASSED

who cares, they have a modern metal tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
get the valveking 212
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
what is your price range exactly

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Dave_Mc
who cares, they have a modern metal tone.

Sorta their tone has this twang in it that I guess fits their southern hard rock mold.
Get the Randall. Best distortion out of all of those, nice (although not quite brilliant) cleans and it won't fall apart like a Bugera or B-52 will be at risk of doing.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
ok this pretty much is my price limit i the bugera 333xl is the most expensive amp i can buy and thats pushing it

and how is atreyu not metal? listen the the song creature thats metal!
So Nick, are you ok with buying used? If so, what major city do you live near. For the price of a 333xl you could score a better amp used depending on what major city you live near. (At least in the US). F-30 perhaps?
well honestly anything will fall apart if you don't take care of it but i suggest buying a 333xl off proguitarshop.com getting the longer warranty and switching the tubes

yep
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
u can haggle the valveking 212 to your price range. i did it. it blows the bugeras ass out of the water
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
If you get the VK... make sure to read the new ValveKing Mk.II thread. It's got a few simple mods in it (dummy plug, FX loop patch cable, etc) that will REALLY spice up your tone.

And get an OD pedal... GOTTA have one of those if you want to play metal.
O O

___
I would say at this point, you know what you are looking for, and you know which amps to compare, so go play em side by side. at this point, there is no other way to decide.
Quote by TheBax
If you get the VK... make sure to read the new ValveKing Mk.II thread. It's got a few simple mods in it (dummy plug, FX loop patch cable, etc) that will REALLY spice up your tone.

And get an OD pedal... GOTTA have one of those if you want to play metal.

totally dude but even with crappy pedals you can find sick tones with the valve king i have a 212 and iv droped mine and put it thru hell and mine doesnt ever give me no trouble so for a cheap amp it rocks
Quote by zhunt1130
Sorta their tone has this twang in it that I guess fits their southern hard rock mold.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
southern hard rock?

i live in hicktown KY and the local guitar shop only carries peaveys and fenders

they have the valveking there and i tried it and it was ok but i couldnt really crank it at all
so im not sure wat it realli sounds like

but im leaning towards the valveking and the bugera 333xl