Ok i'm playing an acoustic set tonight, but with a slight hitch - we're going to play 'dead or alive' by bon jovi. There's myself and another guitarist, he'll probably play the regular acoustic parts, but i'm trying to figure out how to approach it, with the solo and all (I'm new to doing these acoustic sets). I know both parts to the song, but just not sure how to approach it. Any ideas?
When I play acoustic sets, I sometimes have to re-arrange the parts. It's hard to do a whammy dive on an acoustic, so just play something cool in it's place. Check out how differently they arrange the stuff when they play it acoustic.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XvI6SgQm7Nw

C-ya,
Chad
I'm not sure but I do know the October '08 (issue 190) of Acoustic Guitar magazine has the standard notation and tabs for Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive."
Yeah the acoustic version of your solo will not have the sustain or gain electric players are used to. So its harder to play clean and your mistakes will be more apparent. I know alot of players hide their mistakes with a wall of gain and effects.

Just play it note for note and make sure its accurate to the best of your ability.

It should turn out fine
cool thanks guys I think I'll be able to pull it off. I'll just improv a little on the solo, and try to make it come out as clean as possible
so yeah the show went really well last night, in case anyone was wondering
Quote by SZ320man
so yeah the show went really well last night, in case anyone was wondering

cool cool! did you go richie sambora unplugged??
Quote by jsantos
cool cool! did you go richie sambora unplugged??

oh yeah dude, what happened was I switched guitars, was playing a Dean A/E... played just like an electric so I was able to pull off the solo (acoustic-like style) pretty well. The barfolk dug it. Not sure if there was any vids or audio taken, I hope there was. I'll find out today & post it up... BUT if not I'll be doing it again next wed. and I'll def. put it up
ok there's only a cell phone vid, does anyone happen to know how to get those on computer???