Page 1 of 2
as the title states I need a Good fender clean tube amp for about oh we'll say 500 and I can push to the VERY most 700 USD.

It has to have good cleans thats what I'll use it for the most. I though about a 70s bassman cause they're only like 450 bucks but it's more of a dirty amp I guess
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I dunno I don't think you can find a twin for 650 weird.

yeah the princeton needs to go getting bored if it and I want something that compliments the EL34s the clean channel is basiaclly non exestant on the AORs
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I know there were some "bad" twins but not sure bout that one. Call or email him, you never know with the economy so fubar right now.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yeah I'll call him later maybe.

I could always just get HRD or blues Jr haha
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
what does the BJ have in it I though they were 6L6's are they 6v6?

how are the cleans on a bassman I've heard many things but 400 bucks is a great price
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
EL84's in the blues jr. Hey I like mine, cleans are better on the 6L6 equip'd amp tho. Deeper, fuller - it's hard to explain. But they are good on the Blues Jr.

I have not played a bassman. The add says bassman ten. http://ampwares.com/amp.asp?id=30

That is worth a road trip to Duluth sir.
I would say so I think I might call or email this guy I had an amp come into the shop yesterday that looked just like that and we were gonna post it at like 700 or something like that
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I'm not too big into the Silverface Fender amps. Too icepickish.

You can probably score a used DRRI. They aren't 6L6GC amps but they destroy most amps in the Fender line for cleans.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'll check it out congrats on making the list
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can probably score a used DRRI. They aren't 6L6GC amps but they destroy most amps in the Fender line for cleans.

Deluxe Reverb =
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^Exactly, not to mention the DR sounds great when you start getting a little breakup, its very touch sensitive when it's on the threshold.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
ok I"ll see if I can get DRRI for 600
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
yeah I thought about the HRD but if I can get a DR for 6 or 650 why would I ever get a HRD
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Clean headroom maybe? If you ever gig and need super clean cleans then the DR wouldn't quite get you there. Yeah, it would sound dead sexy breaking up but the headroom might not be there.

Also, clips of the AOR yet? My mouth is salivating in anticipation.
^I'd still take a DR broken up cleans over an HRDs cleans. The HRD is good, but the dr is in it's own league.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
+1 Kevin.

and I hardly ever need more than 2 or 3 on at any venue.

I'll get clipz friday I said so you'll just have to keep watering HA
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I've never even heard of some of those Goolz

I do know that ampegs are usually great amps though

EDIT: I'm sigged woo
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I absolutly love DR's
Probably my favorite Fender amp.
I would take it in a heartbeat over the HRD. Plus you'll probably be miced at gigs.
Are you gonna be A/B'ing them?
The VT-22 cleans are tits.

Seriously.

I'd take it over a RI or SF Fender for cleans, for sure.

The GV-15 is also awesome.

The Portaflex is also awesome.

Ampeg=awesome.
yeah thats my plan AB the DR and the AOR or maybe ABY and and run em both at the same time

I've never not been mic'd so...yeah
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
It's an AOR 50, right?

I want it.
yes it's the combo version

to bad

and holy crap that VT22 I swear I saw at savage audio h

EDIT: nvm We'll start the bidding at 450
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
yeah thats my plan AB the DR and the AOR or maybe ABY and and run em both at the same time

I've never not been mic'd so...yeah

In that case, count out the HRD. I've never tried an Ampeg but Goolz raves about them and I fully trust his ear for tone so they are probably great.
Another option is some old Gibson amps.
http://duluth.craigslist.org/msg/814045939.html
I've haven't played them extensivly but I believe the ran on 6l6, 6v6 and similar tubes. Could be worth looking at.
I agreed I trust goolz also. I've played a couple of gibsons they are more like Bassmen then anything I havn't played that one though
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
They were quite random in their amp construction so make sure you test them. I haven't really tried them much but I liked the cleans on the ones I've played
I'll check it out
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I can second the fact that Ampegs are great amps. Very good amps. If you run across a Sun, they rock too.
I knew a guy with a sunn amp they are great
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by imgooley

I could check out that first one for you even, i live in new brighton
i didnt even know we had any other guitar players

I don't really play clean a whole bunch, but its worth a shot
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Sunn amps are amazing for cleans.

I never should've gotten rid of mine
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
I could check out that first one for you even, i live in new brighton
i didnt even know we had any other guitar players

I don't really play clean a whole bunch, but its worth a shot

oh yeah we have other guitar players haha. I'm one of em

you don't have to I will one of these days
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I Love MN.

but seriously, we have no good guitar stores to try out higher end amps!

any Minnesotans know of any good places?
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
I work at a music go round...

right now we have a JVM we just sold and ENGL Fireball head (I think) and Just brought in a bassman 410 combo lastnight.

we are a ESP/LTD dealer and have a TON of them
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
the burnsville one?
I've always wanted to go down there and check it out
i really wanna play a vht if they ever have any

so this isn't spam, i highly reccomend checking the harmony central classifieds, they have a ton of great deals on amps there, you might find something you like
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
yeah the burnsville one
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Page 1 of 2