So I have a toneport. After playing through all of the models, i found out my favorite is the ac-30. So I was wondering what is the best all tube amp for under say $300 maybe $400 that would get me a similar tone.

At guitar center my favourite amps that I tried out were the crate palomino or blues jr, with the crate coming alittle bit out on top.

oh and I play mostly jazz and blues. looking for a really good just breaking up blues sound. and as long as the clean channel is cleanand not too thin, im usually fine with it.
laney vc30 gets very close
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
i know at least something is cheaper over here NAHHHNAANANANNAH *wiggles finger on nose* shuv that in your pipe and smoke it mesa boogie!
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Actually most British brands are a lot cheaper on your side of the pond, like Laney, Ashdown, Orange, Marshall, Vox and so on. So stop COMPLAINING!

Plus you Vintage guitars which IMO are AWESOME!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by forsaknazrael
I would look at a used Peavey Delta Blues. Should be able to find one under 500.

Used for $350-400 all day long.
Quote by Varkunus
i know at least something is cheaper over here NAHHHNAANANANNAH *wiggles finger on nose* shuv that in your pipe and smoke it mesa boogie!

why dont you actually buy one then instead of just making endless threads

TS: im tempted to say crate V18, mainly because you can get them for lke $150 or something silly
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
i hear epi blues special or whatever its called is modeled after an ac30.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
look into crate v series

great soound per price

mad cheap

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

well i mean obviously im not looking to get the same thing for so cheap. just asking for suggestions as to which lower cost amps i should try out that sound similar in tone.
I hear delta blues are great AC30ish clones

infact i was gonna buy one it's alot like a ac30 but more gain
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by chea_man
i hear epi blues special or whatever its called is modeled after an ac30.

Although it sounds nothing like it.

A Crate V33 will get it done for cheap.
I had a Gibson Ga-30RVS, that had a voxy tone to it, they are more expensive but cheaper than a Vox. You could find the Ga-15rvs for probally about $400-500, if you could live with less power.