Page 1 of 2
before reading, im not lookin for smart ass comments. im not in the mood.

okay so last night, drivin home, got pulled over doin 126 in a 60, didnt relize the speed limit change, anyways. so my car got impounded, got a court date blah blah blah. so has anyone been in the same situation.. ? does anyone have any advice of what i can say/do in court to make them go a little easier? im 16 years old if it helps at all. thanks in advance!
So you went 126 in a 60 area, and you're young so I'm guessing they won't go any easier, infact, they wouldn't go easier at all

and isn't 16 under the age limit?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Going to court at all will give you good chances. Don't piss off the judge. Try to downplay your speed if possible (probably not possible) and try to make it seem as though you simply didn't notice the speed limit change. Sympathy is your friend. You're guilty, and that's a fact, so what you want to go for is a suspended or reduced sentence.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I'm sorry. When is it ever ok to do 126?

Edit: just realised that your talking about Kph not mph.

Well double the speed limit is pretty bad. Not knowing the speed limit is not really an excuse either.
Last edited by Greenie_777 at Oct 8, 2008,
take your mom to court and have her get pissed as hell and then have her tell the judge that she will make sure youll never do that again or she will take away your license

also 14 and a half is the age limit btw
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.
There really is no advice to give you. You might get your licence taken away because going at that speed can be construed as reckless endangerment of all sorts of things.

Good luck. Try getting in touch with a real lawyer. Right now, a real lawyer is the only person that can help you.
Last edited by Seryaph at Oct 8, 2008,
First , if you're 16 you normaly should have an adult with you when driving.

Secondly, you're supposed to always check out road signs.

Thirdly, holy **** 126? It's twice the limit!

Even on fast roads, 126 is too high!
Quote by Gorre
take your mom to court and have her get pissed as hell and then have her tell the judge that she will make sure youll never do that again or she will take away your license

That's a bad idea.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Over double the friggin' speed limit? Are you INSANE? They'll hit you with everything under the sun, not just speeding! You're dead.
GO YANKEES!
Quote by CrimboJones
I love the fact he says, "I didn't realise the speed limit change."

That's relevant. Doing 126 in an 80 is a lot better than doing 126 in a 60.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
My God, you're an extremely young driver and were doing over double the speed limit. Who cares if you didn't know the speed limit change, what the heck were you doing going at 126?

Wait, is this km or mph?
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Oct 8, 2008,
You drove 126 in a 60 zone

theres your problem. There nothing you can do, face the consequences
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by slash126
what was the speed limit before the change?

Yeah, cuz I'm pretty sure they wouldnt cut the limit from like 120 to 60.
GO YANKEES!
they impounded your car is less than 24 hours? my ass.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
You didn't notice the speed limit change? You think that's a good enough excuse to even bother mentioning? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck hahahaha
Well its probably a lost cause to try and claim to be innocent, so just admit it and they might go easy on you since your so young and im assuming you havent ever been charged with anything before. But then again you were going over double the speed limit so you should thank your lucky stars your not going to court for hitting somone with the ****ing car and take driving a little more seriously nes pa ?
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Last edited by loubot123 at Oct 8, 2008,
okay, for u guys who arent quite aware. 126 km's an hour. and its not that fast out on country roads where the speed limits are usually like 100 km's an hour. and u can get ur g2 at 16

edit: thanks to most of you for not being smart asses. lol and thanks for sayin you hope i dont get charged. as opposed to everyone being like YA I HOPE U GET CHARGED!! and, i relize im an idiot, thanks for pointin it out lol
Last edited by steveclark1212 at Oct 8, 2008,
own up to ur mistakes. ur fvcked either way but at least if they see ur responsible enough to admit u screwed up maybe they'll go easier on u.
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Quote by steveclark1212
okay, for u guys who arent quite aware. 126 km's an hour. and its not that fast out on country roads where the speed limits are usually like 100 km's an hour. and u can get ur g2 at 16

where do you live?
and address my earlier comment please
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by steveclark1212

I live in quebec, So I am aware of kms since I use them

And it's still the same, since normaly in here, max speed limit even in fast zones is 100-110km/h

Even if you would have been in these zones, you would have gotten some probs

You're ****ed
Quote by Gorre

also 14 and a half is the age limit btw

Wow, where do you live? There's no way any 14 year old could be trusted in a car, your countries government should make a visit to The Pit to see what a bad idea it is to trust anyone under sixteen to do anything.

/\ Nevermind the first question then.
Last edited by aaciseric at Oct 8, 2008,
Get a decent lawyer, plead guilty and take responsibility for it
Saying you didn't know about the speed limit change won't get you far at all but if it's your first offence then hopefully they won't be too harsh. I'm not sure how it works in your country but you might get a driving ban, a few points on your license or get it taken away
ohai little sig.
Too bad you didn't go OVER NINE THOOOUUUSAAAND km/h, then they would catch you.
On a more serious note though, just confess, and if possible, press a few tears out and rant melocolically about how you really don't know how to feel right now.
Quote by trashbeast
You didn't notice the speed limit change? You think that's a good enough excuse to even bother mentioning? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck hahahaha

It's not legally relevant, that's for sure... the ignorance of a norm does not absolve it's transgression.

I'm a law student in Portugal, the system is different but many things are alike; for instance the fact you were caught in the act isn't going to favour you.

My advice is to be honest, polite, and if you can play for sympathy without hamming things up. If you were in some sort of hurry, say to go be with you under-age pregnant girlfriend who had just gone into labour, I'd mention that; anything short of a medical emergency is going to be hard to sell.

In legal terms, there's little to nothing that can be done given the circumstances; if you're lawyer's any good, he'll pick on any formalities the prosecution and/or police miss out.
Quote by CrimboJones
I love the fact he says, "I didn't realise the speed limit change."

me too, thats going 79 mph in a 35 zone
I'm Steve
Quote by cheeseman3001
they impounded your car is less than 24 hours? my ass.

what are u talking about? if they take away ur license they obviously wont let u drive it away, they impound it on the spot, taken by tow truck
Quote by Vornik
That's a bad idea.

whys that a bad idea, my friend did it and it worked for him.

Quote by aaciseric
Wow, where do you live? There's no way any 14 year old could be trusted in a car, your countries government should make a visit to The Pit to see what a bad idea it is to trust anyone under sixteen to do anything.

/\ Nevermind the first question then.

I live in the USA and here you can take drivers ed at 14 and a half to get your permit.
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.
I agree, be nice and polite, take full responsibility for it and try to throw a few "I know there is no excuse" maybe a couple of "I'm sorry" couldn't hurt
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Quote by kevC4
First , if you're 16 you normaly should have an adult with you when driving.

Secondly, you're supposed to always check out road signs.

Thirdly, holy **** 126? It's twice the limit!

Even on fast roads, 126 is too high!

Please... I drive over 160km all the time, on highways sure enough, but 126 isn't much for a fast road. Though if the limit is 60 it is pretty absurd to go that fast.
Quote by Gorre
take your mom to court and have her have sex with the judge, then have her tell the judge that she will make hand relief everytime he wants

oh... and that youll never do that again blah blah blah

fixed.
Quote by Gorre
whys that a bad idea, my friend did it and it worked for him.

I live in the USA and here you can take drivers ed at 14 and a half to get your permit.

Sorry for the double post, You can your permit but you have to have a licenced driver of adult age in the car with you, you can't drive after dark. Sounds to me like the TS was driving alone.
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
So in American, you did 80 in a 35? That's way bad. I did 80 in a 65 (120-ish in a 105), so that's really bad. Best of luck, be respectful to the Judge and everyone else, and hope for a reduced sentence
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Quote by MiG_853
Please... I drive over 160km all the time, on highways sure enough, but 126 isn't much for a fast road. Though if the limit is 60 it is pretty absurd to go that fast.

What the ****?

You're crazy.

Unless you're somewhere in europe, this is blasphemy, near madness!

I'm not a "afraid of speed wuss", but seriously...

"La limite de vitesse sur le réseau québécois est de 100 km/h (62,5 mph) à l'exception des zones urbaines à fort débit de circulation où la limite diminue à entre 70 et 90 km/h (45-55 mph)."

Means: in highways/fast roads, max speed limit is 100km/h, with exceptions of 70 and 90 km/h

Since april 2008, going up to 160 can cost you I think 600$ . If I'm wrong, it's 400$.
why were you going 126 in the first place??? face it you were making the road a more dangerous place to drive, so of course there are reprecussions, just take vorniks advice and get on with it.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
You guys really need to come to Dubai...

People doing 200+ on 120 roads....(kmph)
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Page 1 of 2