Dont really know if it fits here, but anyways.
Lately i noticed that i can't really stretch my left hand on the lowest strings first 4 frets.
My thumb also comes pretty far up the neck(hope you understand what i mean) and stretching with a hand like that is pretty hard.
When i try playing in classical position, my middle and ringfringer are pretty close to eachother, that makes stretching hard too. I cant get them away from eachother.
My hand is not small.
Anyone experienced the same, or has some suggestions?

sorry for bad english.
Try positioning your thumb behind the middle of the neck. Dude you just need to get finger independence and to get this you need to practice scales with a metronome.,.. I mean it works for me.

Are you sitting down while you play or standing up? Try to have your guitar strap adjusted to a comfortable height. Having the guitar too low will limit your left hand accessibility or at least make it harder for positioning.
ok, thanks.
I actually play both, but i prefer standing. It's easier because i play mostly on a flying V model.
I tried playing scales on the first frets like that, but it gets a little painful between index and thumb. hope you understand.
So, i dont really know what to do now
I been playing for year and half, and discovered the problem just now.
Quote by TripleN666
ok, thanks.
I actually play both, but i prefer standing. It's easier because i play mostly on a flying V model.
I tried playing scales, but it gets a little painful between index and thumb. hope you understand.
So, i dont really know what to do now...

How long have you been playing?
OK, first of all, there should never be any painful-ity between the thumb and the index finger, in fact, you should not be applying any pressure with your thumb at all; it's simply an anchor so the rest of your hand knows where it is.
Second, you need to make sure that your hand is positioned correctly; your thumb should be at the same place of the neck your middle finger is.
The best, and incredibly boring but in your case extremely useful exercise to practice finger independence and stretch, are the chromatic scale exercises (Steve Vai's 30h workout starts with them, they're that important):

you go 1234 on each string, playing each note with the next finger (so index, middle, ring and pinky). and just work it up and down the neck and inverted (4321). then try mixing it up (1324,1423, etc) and keep doing that. You could start on the 12th fret (so, 12, 13, 14, 15) and when you're comfortable there move one down. Since the space between frets increases when you get closer to the headstock, it will get harder and stretch your fingers.

WHENEVER YOUR HAND STARTS TO HURT OR CRAMP, QUIT FOR AT LEAST FIFTEEN MINUTES.

But first things first, look on youtube for vids on hand positioning. It's important!
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by bornfidelity
OK, first of all, there should never be any painful-ity between the thumb and the index finger, in fact, you should not be applying any pressure with your thumb at all; it's simply an anchor so the rest of your hand knows where it is.
Second, you need to make sure that your hand is positioned correctly; your thumb should be at the same place of the neck your middle finger is.
The best, and incredibly boring but in your case extremely useful exercise to practice finger independence and stretch, are the chromatic scale exercises (Steve Vai's 30h workout starts with them, they're that important):

you go 1234 on each string, playing each note with the next finger (so index, middle, ring and pinky). and just work it up and down the neck and inverted (4321). then try mixing it up (1324,1423, etc) and keep doing that. You could start on the 12th fret (so, 12, 13, 14, 15) and when you're comfortable there move one down. Since the space between frets increases when you get closer to the headstock, it will get harder and stretch your fingers.

WHENEVER YOUR HAND STARTS TO HURT OR CRAMP, QUIT FOR AT LEAST FIFTEEN MINUTES.

But first things first, look on youtube for vids on hand positioning. It's important!

thank you very much for your support.
im gonna try that.
i also have a video on youtube, you can see there the thing with my thumb.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaO9F6UrCmo
look if you want to.