Page 1 of 3
I think the title says everything.

ARE METAL MOSH PITS THE SAME AS PUNK MOSH PITS?

WHICH ARE MORE VIOLENT?

HAVE U EVER BEEN INTPO A METAL/PUNK MOSH?
hardcore is usually the most violent.
but out of metal and punk, metal
because punk is a bunch of skinny little girls
Quote by james4
I've been in both.

Metal requires more flailing of the limbs

you're thinking hardcore
the punk pits ive been in have been more violent than the metal. I went to bad religion and kids where moshing when the sound guys came on.
two and a half men.
i just walk into a mosh pit and use Parkinson's Disease costing me 45 mana
I'm Steve
Punk is more dangerous just because (from my experience) punks kids seem to be much bigger dickheads, where as in metal pits people are careful and watch out for you.
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
i just walk into a mosh pit and use Parkinson's Disease costing me 45 mana

EPIC.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
From what I've seen punk shows are generally better all around but they both have their share of drunk jocks beating people up for fun. I generally mosh for a couple songs every show Im at, but in the end Id rather sit back and really soak it all in and appreciate the music.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
I've found that all the metal moshes I've been in have been pretty hardcore in that you will get pushed and slammed around a whole lot, but most people aren't there to actually hurt you, just rough you up a bit. If you get knocked over, some benevolent metalhead may actually help you up, then likely push you around some more.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
Metalheads tend to be more friendly and respect you more.
Punks would say the same thing.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Metal pits are usually more about pushing around. Some punk pits it's about fighting like a cheap 6th grader.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Dudage
I've found that all the metal moshes I've been in have been pretty hardcore in that you will get pushed and slammed around a whole lot, but most people aren't there to actually hurt you, just rough you up a bit. If you get knocked over, some benevolent metalhead may actually help you up, then likely push you around some more.

Woah! Getting pushed around in a mosh pit?! Brutal!!
two and a half men.
I'd say metal pits are alot more moody because you always get the super serious "dont **** with me you cunt, I'm fat and bald" 40 year olds as well as huge ****ing mammoth metalheads who frown disapprovingly when someone nudges them slightly.

Punk pits seem to have alot less boring ****s that take everything too seriously because they get the piss ripped out of them for having long hair etc.
Where I go all moshing is the same. Plauged by hxc dancers who keep getting thrown out/and or getting owned by moshers who the pissed off by punching or kicking them.
ex:I was moshing with a bunch of guys and a hardcore dancer runs in and starts throwing elbows and fists in and hits me a couple times. Soon after I threw him onto the floor hard, and the staff just turned their backs(they're rough on hxc dancers too). But when Gwen Stacy came on last week, the staff plus moshers were overwhelmed by the large amount of dumbfuckery.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by Iron-Rules
Right!

for example.....

Some bands will straight up stop playing if they see the moshing is getting out of control.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by Vermintide

hahaha

i love this, i saw it along time ago but forgot about it until now

thank you for bringing it back into my memory

Quote by element4433
Punks would say the same thing.

Yet they're both wrong.

Generalizations FTW!
go to a municipal waste show and see what happens
crossover trash ftw
Dick+strings= owww
it all depends on the show and whos in the mosh pit. i was at a misfits show last year. the audience was pretty much split four ways between regular people, goth people, metal people, and punk people. the pits were entirely mixed. the one i was near (but didnt go in because the hardcore douche with the bandana anround his face would have started a fight with me) had a big bald guy with a black tanktop standing in the middle, completely stationary, just pushing everyone on the floor. he did pick up the younger kids though so they didnt get their faces stomped on.

really, you might not be trying to, but this might start a dumb internet fight over which is more violent, metal pits or punk pits. i got stuck in a fall out boy crowd once. no moshing. just a lot of *****s flashing them, kids (me) throwing full bottles of gatorade at the band, fat chicks trying to crowd surf, and people in the crowd not following crowd surfing etiquette who let crowd surfers fall on their heads and get concussions.
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Oct 8, 2008,
Quote by jakesmellspoo

really, you might not be trying to, but this might start a dumb internet fight over which is more violent, metal pits or punk pits. i got stuck in a fall out boy crowd once. no moshing. just a lot of *****s flashing them, kids (me) throwing full bottles of gatorade at the band, fat chicks trying to crowd surf, and people in the crowd not following crowd surfing etiquette who let crowd surfers fall on their heads and get concussions.

at the end, we will come to an agreement.

Who else has passed thrw smthing like this????
Most of the mosh pits I've been in (all metal/fall out boy ) have been really good. It was all brutal but when someone fell over about half the pit stopped to pick you up. Then all brutal again.

I was in a pit at Download that Matt Tuck from BFMV called cool
Quote by TEK34
Hardcore Dancing!

Hardcore failing..
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Quote by bah humbug
Hardcore failing..

Yeah, I saw somewhere a singer like CAN YOU ALL MOSH?? so everyone was like YEAH!. Song starts, you see the 'mosh pit', but its all skinny assed screamo kids doing windmills with there arms.....
i think the punks use shanks...

those bitches
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
in every punk mosh pit ive been in, Everyone helps people up if they have fallen, I rarely get cheap shotted like I do in metal moshpits...everytime i get out of a metal moshpit my ribs and liver hurts because of all those idiots swinging there arms around
I honestly can't believe this thread hasn't been closed. And it survived all the way since yesterday.

Are the mods on holiday or something?
Quote by DyNoMiTe...!
in every punk mosh pit ive been in, Everyone helps people up if they have fallen, I rarely get cheap shotted like I do in metal moshpits...everytime i get out of a metal moshpit my ribs and liver hurts because of all those idiots swinging there arms around

Wrong. Those are hardcore pits.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
I don't like punk pits because punks just depunch and kick and it gets stupid also all thier pits are the same.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Page 1 of 3