Page 1 of 2
I hear no Jazz. But I do hear an extremely talented young band. Technical yet catchy and melodic, I really like it.
Influences Return to Forever,

I'm sold already.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Very good tight band... great find. and i'd consider it partially jazzy because of the kinda-stop-break time-signatures and the fact that not all the tracks are very distorted. Great influences, great technicality, looking forward to these guys.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by delicious
They remind me a lot of The Fall Of Troy.

Yea they do - hopefully they don't ruin it with a lame singer (like Fall of Troy). Fall of Troy's guitarist is a little sloppy too.
Holy fucking christ......

All of this is just..... amazing. Especially considering their age.

They remind me of an instrumental, more melodic Protest the Hero. Extremely talented and amazing stuff.

If they don't get signed to a label by the time they're around 20, then the entire music industry just needs to give up.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
Holy fucking christ......

All of this is just..... amazing. Especially considering their age.

Glad someone feels the same! And if you can recommend any other stuff like this, I'd love it.
Quote by 5RV
Yea they do - hopefully they don't ruin it with a lame singer (like Fall of Troy). Fall of Troy's guitarist is a little sloppy too.

lololol Their guitarist is their vocalist.

And I shall listen now.

EDIT: Jesus Christ... if they're this good now, imagine how good they'll be when they're older. ****... **** Black Tide, this is where it's at.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Oct 8, 2008,
Quote by Riffmast
I'm sold already.

Yes! Romantic Warrior is an absolutely fantastic, masterful release. Can't recommend it more.
Al Di Meola was about 21 on that release
****ing ridiculous, RTF seriously gets better with every listen.No Mystery and Where Have I Known You Before along with Romantic Warrior are an absolute must for any guitarist.
This band is really cool, though i wish they would sweep pick a bit less,but it is more tasteful then most bands who do the same kind of thing.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Has anyone else read that the drummer is supposedly 11?!?!

Saxo-Walrus

wowzers, nice tone.. very melodic, im diggin.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
They sound really good, but as aforementioned, they do sweep-pick a bit too much. However, I would like to see what they sound like with a keyboardist and vocalist...
they are in their early teens... they've gotta give into some amount of angsty testosterone-induced show-off frenzy, at least sweeping is more respectable than a lot of wank some kids put out.

And yes Romantic Warrior is great, probably on par or almost as good as Al Di Meola's Elegant Gypsy album.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

This shit is a technical exercise. It's amazing that they can play this cleanly and on time with each other, but there is surely a better way to channel all that energy and talent. They've got a long ways before they make a "song".
I've found Jesus
I just hear technicality, I dont hear any songs.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

They don't have the ability to make songs, seeing as they have no vocalist.

I love their tracks, though. Even if it is "just technicality". There are some pretty awesome riffs, and I like the way they structure things.

Sure, I would change some things, but it's not my place to decide what the band should sound like.

Saxo-Walrus

I could never play that well when I was 16. Especially not with a band...

Real great stuff. They deserve to big, hopefully they're down to earth people.
at their ages, vocals probably wouldn't sound very good :|

when they are a bit older, they'll be able to add the vocals, and if they keep practicing until that time, they should be quite impressive instrumentally
im sure vocals would work, the rest of the band are like 17/18. But I don't even think Id like to hear vocals in this band.
What (some) metalheads consider jazz I find absolutely hilarious.

It's like when hardcore kids call bands like Devil Wears Prada metal.

That said, not bad.
Quote by Lappo
at their ages, vocals probably wouldn't sound very good :|

when they are a bit older, they'll be able to add the vocals, and if they keep practicing until that time, they should be quite impressive instrumentally

Tell that to Black Tide.

And, as much as I love this band, they're still just annoying teenagers at heart.

They post FAR too many bulletins on Myspace, and over the course of two hours, they posted things about the drummer leaving, they were looking for drummers, they set up auditions for a new drummer, and then they found out the drummer could stay.

I just envisioned all of this taking place over text messaging.

Saxo-Walrus

It's alright, I suppose, I never could get into this sort fo music though, there are some good runs and pasages, but it doesn't hold together to me.

Waking the Cadaver are better musicians, though.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by fallenangel20

Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Quote by Athetosis

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by freddaahh
Waking the Cadaver are better musicians, though.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
YO

add my new prog rock band

myspace.com/musicofchon
Quote by fallenangel20

Sure, I would change some things, but it's not my place to decide what the band should sound like.

i love you
YO

add my new prog rock band

myspace.com/musicofchon
Quote by lilmario
i love you

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
Tell that to Black Tide.

And, as much as I love this band, they're still just annoying teenagers at heart.

They post FAR too many bulletins on Myspace, and over the course of two hours, they posted things about the drummer leaving, they were looking for drummers, they set up auditions for a new drummer, and then they found out the drummer could stay.

Probably because his mommy told him he couldn't.

But then he promised to get perfect marks in school or something.

:P
Page 1 of 2