Hey guys

I´m just looking for opinions on this guitar. I will be buying it tomorrow unless you guys can talk me out of it

I am a poor student.. Its in my price range and complements my hw1 tele nicely I think with its double humbuckers.

Pros:
1. Simple, less things to break. The reason I play a tele originally.
2. Heavier tones that I can use for rocking out.
3. Cheap.

Cons
1. ???
Washburn JB100 Customshop USA
Squire Stratocaster, Squire Telecaster, highway 1 tele,
FM65r amp, Marshall MS-4 & FM-15r
Washburn b-9 five string banjo, Eagle dreadnought acoustic. Art & lutherie AMI.
Cons:
it wont stay tuned for more than 15 minutes
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
Cons, dickheads like above will make fun of it.

PROS: Its an excellent guitar, ive had mines for 2 years now and it hasnt even went wrong once, it stays in tune for around 4 day, then you have to make some fine adjustments, just like any other guitar without a locking nutt. The Special ll is epiphones best selling guitar, they make little profit on then compared to their other models, all the money they spend on it, is nearly what they sell it for, it has a perfect weight and an amazing neck for its price. Btw, interesting story, at our(my class) music practical, my friend had to borrow it because it has a better sound with distortion than his epi les paul custom, do yourself a favour and pick one up!! BTW, i have the white one, but the sunburst ltd edition one with gold hard ware looks amazing.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by rrhoads47
Cons:
it wont stay tuned for more than 15 minutes

I agree. The factory tuners suck really bad. I used to own one so I know what I'm talking about. If you can check out some of the cheaper LTD's. I think they're better quality for the money.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Oct 8, 2008,
Hm, for $170 there's not much you can do. There is an option for about $20 +shipping more: the Agile AL-2000 (it's basically an Epi LP standard for cheaper).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.