Not sure if this is the right forum, but...

Why does everyone think that all shredding is in a pentatonic scale? What gives people this idea? As far as I know no shredding is pentatonic If anything, complain about how it's all harmonic minor :P
I've never heard such a complaint...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
the pentatonic minor scale is a common scale for shredding and solos and is easy to improv in
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
What do you mean?

EDIT:
the pentatonic minor scale is a common scale for shredding and solos and is easy to improv in

Who uses it?
Quote by JohanthePirat
Who uses it?

Everyone. Without fail. Most shredders tend to avoid it though as the traditional way of playing it is 2 notes per string and that makes it much more difficult to shred with (at least IMHO). Famous users of it for shred include: Zakk Wylde...then I run out of people.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.