Ok, So I have a fender showmaster. When I plug it in the amp buzzes. I know for a fact it's not the cable. Because when I plug my ibanez in it does not buzz. So does anyone know how to fix this? I like my fender the best because of the 24 frets and i can so much more on it then my ibanez. Also if it matters I just got the line 6 spider 3 75 watt amp
ground loop hum?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Jhachey22

It buzzes if i don't play. Like if there is a 5 measure rest in the song. It will buzz for that long. but when I start to play. It stops
it might be ground loop hum. or your pickups. even if you stop playing, you pickups will still buzz.it also depends on what chords you're using. those cheap, 1$ chords will not have any shielding/insulation and will be noisy as hell. pricier chords, say 20$-30$ will cut out some noise better.

also, Line 6 Spider III's are pretty bad amps in general, so bad audio problems such as hums, pops and other miscellaneous noises will probably come out of it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Yeah but there is no buzz at all with my ibanez or my squier. ( yeah I know squier sucks) It only buzzes with the fender. Thats why I think something is possibly wrong with the guitar.
does it have single coils?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
has the guitar output jack ever been loose?

did you install the pups?

does the noise quiet when you touch the bridge?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jj1565

It doesn't buzz when I start to play. But when I stop and just put the guitar down it buzzes. Yes it has been loose. I had it at guitar center two days ago. The guy fixed it because the input jack fell off and he had to use a soldering iron to put it back on. No i did not instal the pups. They came with the guitar
i think there's a good chance that he didnt solder the jack correctly.

nope, i didnt know you had it dont and yet i suspected that there's a grounding problem, possibly at the jack. that's a big coincidence.

if you want,
look and see if both wires are connected

(and that the joints are good. the black wire goes to the senter most lug)

also open the trem cavity in the back, make sure the ground wire is attached to the metal plate in there.

when you play, you are touching the bridge. and making a ground connection. that tells me you have a ground wire needs attention.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011