As previously stated in this forum, I have $200 to spend for my birthday. (The extra $100 went away due to an unforeseen circumstance.)
Unfortunately, I have no idea what to get. I have a Jackson DK2M and a Vox AD15VT. I'm having trouble dialing in a sound I like with it, and I think a new amp would help.

However, my parents are strongly against the new amp idea. They say that the one I've got is fine and I've only had it for 1 year. But I think they'd be willing if I presented a strong enough case for it.

And pedals, apparantly, don't work well with the valvetronix series.

I really only play in my bedroom. I don't have to compete with a drummer or anything, so it doesn't have to be loud. And really the heaviest I play is Coheed and Cambria and some Metallica.

The only thing (in the old thread) that was suggested that fits these requirments was a Peavey Vypyr. I'm not so sure that this is an upgrade, isn't it more of a side-grade? But, I'm willing to consider it if it will handle pedals well.
Maybe you should consider a modelling thingy like a POD or digitech RP/GNX

They should sound ok

alternatively one of the 5w tubes (VJ anyone?) and a distortion might cover the amount of gain you need

But possibly the best option would be to save it and whenever you next get money get a good amp
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Quote by nickbob00
Maybe you should consider a modelling thingy like a POD or digitech RP/GNX

They should sound ok

alternatively one of the 5w tubes (VJ anyone?) and a distortion might cover the amount of gain you need

But possibly the best option would be to save it and whenever you next get money get a good amp

No. just, no.

i'd say sell the amp, and use the cash-ish to get a better amp, like a Fender Pro Jr, Fender Blues Jr, or some other tube amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I don't think modeling + modeling is a good idea...

I'm wondering how a digitech whammy would sound through it.
I think I'd find myself a hundred dollars to add in and get a Superchamp or Vypyr. I've played the Superchamp and might be tought to get Metallica out of it but prolly easier then a Blues Jr. Crate Vs are on sale right now and might fit well but you will need a pedal or too. Wah is good but won't completely get what you need. OD pedal if you go all tube, otherwise look above mentioned and maybe a Cube 30.

Check your local craigslist.com too for buying and Selling.
Well, I really like the Superchamp idea. Does it do pedals well? And does it sound good (since it's tube) at bedroom levels?