I've got a Valveking 112, and when i turn it up, i like to stand away from it, and kind of at an angle to it. But when i do, it's like it starts sounding stale... and the only way for my amp to sound good is if i'm sitting directly in front of it. I think i need to spread out the sound a bit?

Would buying a 4x12 cab help this? Or would a 2x12 be enough? B/c i just don't think this 1 speaker is doing very well by it's lonesum ol' self...

(and don't try to recommend me cabs, i'm gonna be getting an Avatar cab, if i get one.)
O O

___
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Tip it up, I always like to stand at a 45 degree angle to mine, it seems to sound better.

+1

Or just buy an amp stand there pretty cheap... Gets the amp off the floor and at ear level.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Oct 8, 2008,
I do tip it up... but when i move out from in front of it, it starts to sound more stale, and it kind loses its flavor, i guess you'd say.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
I do tip it up... but when i move out from in front of it, it starts to sound more stale, and it kind loses its flavor, i guess you'd say.

Are you gigging? If not, why does it matter and you will have the same issue with a cab...
Eh, yeah. I'm PLANNING on gigging when i get a band together... but that'll be after i get a job, and hopefully finally get that DSL50 i'vebeen drooling over at the local shop.

I guess i'll just keep it like this, and just put everything towards then other amp. B/c like i said, i'll be gigging, but i'm planning on having another amp by then...

Thanks for the responses.
O O

___
or you could get a 2.12 cab now and the the dsl head later, i found that the VK doesnt have much bass at all and sometimes i run it in stero w. my VJR and blackheart cab, sounds awesome!
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Every amp has it's bad angle where the sound isn't top notch.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
when im just playing in my room i eq the amp to sound good from pretty much anywhere in the room, and when im live i eq it to sound best right where the mic is.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
You are standing out of the sound pattern of the amp. We had to purchase sound tiles at my work to bounce sound around the room- otherwise the room had deadspots, which I assume is the same thing happening here.

Stand where the sound makes you happy.