Okay I'm looking for a guitar for metallica and megadeth. Thats it. My amp, fender blues junior, and i have a strat so if you tell to me to get a new amp then i'll be playing a strat through a randall or something.
budget: $500
I'm seeing if i can put it up to $600, and if i can, then i'll be getting a dk2m dinky.
and i'm all for going used.
EDIT: needs a floyd rose
Last edited by stratdud39 at Oct 8, 2008,
get an Epiphone V with some EMGs. that should do the trick.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I think you would be hard pressed to go passed an ESP Kirk Hammet has been playing them for 20 years and James for probably as long. Dave Mustain also was playing ESP guitars untill quite recently when he signed on with Dean. All have a signature series with ESP too
the jackson might not be too bad.
look into some esps like someone said earlier. kirk hammett has been playing on those for a while...
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by B. Heath
the jackson might not be too bad.
look into some esps like someone said earlier. kirk hammett has been playing on those for a while...

okay, i heard there lower end ones arent too good though, is this true?
A lot of people will burn me for this... but I am in love with BC Rich. Their better ones, like NJ series and stuff are awesome, especially with EMGs, plus they have original and not licesnsed floyds.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by racman92
A lot of people will burn me for this... but I am in love with BC Rich. Their better ones, like NJ series and stuff are awesome, especially with EMGs, plus they have original and not licesnsed floyds.

dont they have a quality issue though?
Agile Reaper Custom already has EMG's in it.

And it's a kick-ass V.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
Agile Reaper Custom already has EMG's in it.

And it's a kick-ass V.

Haha, way to edit that man

Ok, two things: One, you're not going to sound anything like Metallica/megadeth with a fender amp, so I'd atleast plan on getting a new amp sometime in the future.

Two, the guitar you linked to is bad. BAD. BAD. LTD's are pretty nice as long as you get a 500 series or above. B.C. Rich did have a quality thing going on for a long time, but recently have been stepping up the bar, and I do urge you to try the new NJ V. It's a neck-thru guitar, has an ebony fretboard, EMG 81/85, Grover tuners and an OFR, for $750. Try it, I was pleasantly surprised when I did.
Quote by edusty2010
Haha, way to edit that man

Ok, two things: One, you're not going to sound anything like Metallica/megadeth with a fender amp, so I'd atleast plan on getting a new amp sometime in the future.

Two, the guitar you linked to is bad. BAD. BAD. LTD's are pretty nice as long as you get a 500 series or above. B.C. Rich did have a quality thing going on for a long time, but recently have been stepping up the bar, and I do urge you to try the new NJ V. It's a neck-thru guitar, has an ebony fretboard, EMG 81/85, Grover tuners and an OFR, for $750. Try it, I was pleasantly surprised when I did.

lol kk, no dean

and ya i will get a new amp in the future, not right now though.
and i love that b.c. rich, but i dont think i'll be able to get it new.
maybe used?
Quote by CloakedDagger
I think you would be hard pressed to go passed an ESP Kirk Hammet has been playing them for 20 years and James for probably as long. Dave Mustain also was playing ESP guitars untill quite recently when he signed on with Dean. All have a signature series with ESP too

While I admit I know little to nothing about Metallica, I would say that I highly doubt either of these guys play their signiture model that is in the low price range of the TS.
Quote by SenorSmiley
While I admit I know little to nothing about Metallica, I would say that I highly doubt either of these guys play their signiture model that is in the low price range of the TS.

exactly
I'd think a strat through a randall or something would be closer to metallica than an esp or w/e with emgs through a blues junior.
Quote by stratdud39
so should i get a new amp instead?

Probably. The tone is mainly from the amp, so yes.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Blues junior isn't really meant for metal, but if you like the sound you get from it with a dist. pedal, there's no need for a new one. I'd just think a metal-voiced amp would be better than a new guitar, plus you can have an amp for metal/heavy rock and then one for lighter things as well. I don't know how noisy a high gain amp might be with singlecoils though, unles you have an HSS strat
Quote by pak1351
Blues junior isn't really meant for metal, but if you like the sound you get from it with a dist. pedal, there's no need for a new one. I'd just think a metal-voiced amp would be better than a new guitar, plus you can have an amp for metal/heavy rock and then one for lighter things as well. I don't know how noisy a high gain amp might be with singlecoils though, unles you have an HSS strat

well, i love the tones from my blues junior, and it sound okay with my metal master, and my strat which has scn pickups(noiseless, they're not humbuckers though), but its sounding too thin, and obviously, its not sounding metal enough for me.
Quote by pak1351

Seconded or thirded. I have a blues jr, and it's just not a metal amp IMO. Pak's SuperChamp XD can do metal much better than a blues Jr. (Unless you start swapping speakers and mods etc, then it's okay). But if you like it then great, it isn't a bad amp by any means, just not designed for the br00t4Lz. Blues and classic rock all day long. Randall RG50tc, that's a nice little metal amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Seconded or thirded. I have a blues jr, and it's just not a metal amp IMO. Pak's SuperChamp XD can do metal much better than a blues Jr. (Unless you start swapping speakers and mods etc, then it's okay). But if you like it then great, it isn't a bad amp by any means, just not designed for the br00t4Lz. Blues and classic rock all day long. Randall RG50tc, that's a nice little metal amp.

If i did get a speaker swap, would it be more suitable for metal?
^Yea but still not ideal. "metal" amps have more wattage because you need the headroom to get preamp tube saturation and not power tube saturation. Hard rock/classic rock has power tube saturation. Totally different scenarios. Don't get me wrong, many will tell you it can. I have a metal amp as well so I never had to "tweek" my blues jr to get there. JJ1565 tried pretty hard on hers. She said a Jekyl and Hyde pedal was the best she could find to get her blues jr there. Maybe test drive one of those and see what you think before spending money on anything. Just a thought.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
^Yea but still not ideal. "metal" amps have more wattage because you need the headroom to get preamp tube saturation and not power tube saturation. Hard rock/classic rock has power tube saturation. Totally different scenarios. Don't get me wrong, many will tell you it can. I have a metal amp as well so I never had to "tweek" my blues jr to get there. JJ1565 tried pretty hard on hers. She said a Jekyl and Hyde pedal was the best she could find to get her blues jr there. Maybe test drive one of those and see what you think before spending money on anything. Just a thought.

k thanks
still dont know what guitar to get, lol
hey heard, my name, just to add 2 cents.

i would definately go with a different amp, if i had to choose between the two. then maybe add a humbucker in the strat (if it fits) depends on the strat.

and if you can also get a new guitar, maybe something with a nice floyd.

but trying to make a blues amp into a "metal" amp, isnt worth it. it cant push over a metal band anyway.

if you didnt have the money, id say, maybe keep trying to make it work. but since you asked...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011