Has anyone here played through or heard in person a Cornford Hellcat? If so, what did you think about the amp? Is it true it does metal really good?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
The Cornfords are some of the best sounding amps I've played. Just incredible.

The Hellcat can do metal of sorts, but don't expect super-tight modern tones. Plenty of gain aggression, just not surgical. Some of the juiciest sounding leads you'll ever come across though.
Cool. Thanks. I've got an opportunity to get one really cheap that is in mint condition. Really rare for around here. It's the combo. I really wish I could find clips for it.
I'm figuring I can't go wrong on this purchase no matter what though.
Quote by necrophilic
ever considered cornford mk50h?

No, only because it's too expensive in the states. This Hellcat was a rare find around here.
I don't think anyone on here can afford one....correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't Cornford really boutique, hand-made amps that cost quite a lot? I know someone who sold a Diezel Einstein 1/4 stack to get a Hellcat combo, and the Diezel 1/4 was going for like 3 grand; not sure if that was to cover ALL the costs of the Hellcat, but still, if he had to sell a Diezel to get a Cornford the Hellcat's gotta be kind of expensive.
^ depends on where you are, here in the UK, cornfords are a bit cheaper than diezels (depending on model)... oh, and prophet of page (member here) owns a couple. maybe you could PM him.

yeah, but i was a bit of a noob, so i didn't like it as much as i expect i would were i to try it again now.

agreed with nolly about it not being a really modern tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Cool. Thanks. I've got an opportunity to get one really cheap that is in mint condition. Really rare for around here. It's the combo. I really wish I could find clips for it.
I'm figuring I can't go wrong on this purchase no matter what though.

I swear I remember seeing clips on YouTube of some guy doing a demo w/ a Hellcat head, & it sounded damn good. Nolly pretty much described it as I would have. Very fluid sounding amp, not for uber-tight metal, but it could probably come close from what I heard in the demo. I'd love to have one, but no one seems to ever stock them in the US, even so-called Cornford "dealers". I tried the RK100 at NAMM earlier this year, & it was easily in the top 5 amps I've ever heard. I'll definitely try more of the Cornford line when I go back in January. If you're getting that amp for a good price, jump on it for sure!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I would search up the troy grady video of him demoing all kinds of niiiice amps.

He demos a hellcat, and i think 2 other cornfords, a VH4, roccaforte, and thats about all I can remember, but there were a ton of amps.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
/\

Is that the guy that has the Washburn N4 and does nothing but shred? I don't really think that's a very good example of an amps sound unless those interested are more lead/shred guys.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
/\

Is that the guy that has the Washburn N4 and does nothing but shred? I don't really think that's a very good example of an amps sound unless those interested are more lead/shred guys.

It's not just shred, he plays some funk lines and some clean jazz stuff, and some chugging riffs. Still then, it's a comparison, not a sound demo.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I've only seem him do a few clean lines and some funkier riffs, but primarily he seems to shred. I haven't really seem him do chuggin though. Still, I realize it's a comparison and not a full blown demo.
If it's as good a deal as you say it is, it's certainly worth a punt. You can always sell it on.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music