Well, the title pretty much speaks for itself.
What are some of your favorite memories or experiences where a guitar was involved.

one of mine would be just a few minutes ago, I learned a lot of Paradise City and 14 Years, both by gun's and roses, and a few weeks ago when a friend taught me Life in the fast lane (I think that's what it was), and I was able to watch how he played and play it back.

Oh and I guess getting my first electric, and going to a music shop and picking out a guitar with above friend. This but new if anyone was interested http://wichita.craigslist.org/msg/835310843.html
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
when Dave Mustaine signed my Dean Dave Mustaine VMNT1

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
well, whenever I play my first acoustic, I can smell the glue used to make it, and it brings back good memories...ive always loved smelling the inside because of this, but the smell is slowly fading
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
making out with my girlfriend whilst playing a sweep arpeggio solo

normally im terrible at multitasking so i must be good at least 2 things on life...
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by chimpinatux
making out with my girlfriend whilst playing a sweep arpeggio solo

normally im terrible at multitasking so i must be good at least 2 things on life...

Guitar playing and girls... at the same time .
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

When I realised I could play Alaska by btbam, I nearly cried in happiness.
My first Am arpeggio.
Playing Always with me always with you.
Playing the intro to a Neil Zaza song.
Playing live.
Quote by Hatebreeder1018
The time I played a few cover songs at a school assembly and everyone actually cheered and said I was really good after the show. It was in 5th grade. I started writing my own stuff in 7th grade

What did you play?

I have yet to play for anyone other then my guitar class.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Not to long ago I was playing "The Day That Never Comes" (yes, I just HAD to learn it) and my g/f started kissing me which obviously lead to making out.

That's the first time I realized I could play anything with my eyes closed!
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Getting a les paul thrown at me in a show in hard rock cafe, the guitar was covered in pink duck tape and was signed by the band playing, then afterwards i snuck back and got all 3 bands that were playing(Spray, LayOFF and Allison) to sign the guitar and then the guitarrist of Circo appeared for the after party :/ and signed the guitar as well .
when I fingered A Minor after playing the G string.
/over used joke
I dunno, I guess writing my first song was a good memory.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
Quote by floppypick
What did you play?

I have yet to play for anyone other then my guitar class.

I played Black Dog by Zeppelin, Heartbreaker by Zeppelin, Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top and Fine + 2 pts by Minus the Bear.
the first time i aced a sweep arpeggio. i was like whoa! that was cool. the moment i learned to tap was pretty hardcore too.
Quote by Hatebreeder1018
I played Black Dog by Zeppelin, Heartbreaker by Zeppelin, Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top and Fine + 2 pts by Minus the Bear.

...solos and all...?

If so you were better then me when you were 10, and I'm pretty much 16
Only been playing a year though.

And to the guy who got the Les Paul thrown at him, what the hell!? If this is a true comment (not saying you're lying but you have to admit that sounds a bit crazy) You are one lucky guy
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Playing that riff of Iron Man for my first time. Also, jamming with an almost expert guitarist while he plays the solo to Tornado of Souls and you play the rhythm with him.
Quote by floppypick
...solos and all...?

If so you were better then me when you were 10, and I'm pretty much 16
Only been playing a year though.

Solos and all. My uncles had me practice ALOT because they had a chance to go big once but they ****ed it up somehow I guess. So they want me to have a musical career.
Quote by Hatebreeder1018
Solos and all. My uncles had me practice ALOT because they had a chance to go big once but they ****ed it up somehow I guess. So they want me to have a musical career.

Ah, I see. Well good for you .

I wish someone in my family was musically talented. My mother played classical guitar when she was my age, but doesn't remember a thing. So I've pretty much taught myself everything I know.

I think I'm gonna start lessons though when i get my new guitar.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by Tire Me.
One time my friend and I stayed up all night playing GTA:SA and learning how to do the dime bag harmonic whammy squeal.

That reminds me of how I just learn how to do pinch harmonics!

I spent about half an hour doing it two days ago, I think I've gone partly deaf...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by floppypick
That reminds me of how I just learn how to do pinch harmonics!

I spent about half an hour doing it two days ago, I think I've gone partly deaf...

Once you can get down the squeal, the hardest thing is doing them consistently, especially when playing a non harmonic riff before or after it (at least for me)

And hey, I think several times in the last year or so I did think your name was "floppydick" but then after I saw your posts more often, I read the truth.
Quote by Tire Me.
Once you can get down the squeal, the hardest thing is doing them consistently, especially when playing a non harmonic riff before or after it (at least for me)

And hey, I think several times in the last year or so I did think your name was "floppydick" but then after I saw your posts more often, I read the truth.

Definitely, I don't always get em, but I know how to do them now, which is better then before... Yea, that was a weird sentence.

I don't recognize your name, but I know who you are by your Avatar, it's quite amusing.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by Hatebreeder1018

no offence, but I find that hard to believe. I bet you could do it now, but in 5th grade? soloing perfectly?

riiight.....
when i first learned sunshine of your love and smoke on the water. i was so exited because they were the first things that i could actually recognise when i played them

my first jam session. it was with musicians way outta my league and i still got a solo in
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I remember once I thought I was good at playing (don't remember why, it was probably when I learned tapping). Now I realize how much I suck.
Quote by iantheman
when i first learned sunshine of your love and smoke on the water. i was so exited because they were the first things that i could actually recognise when i played them

my first jam session. it was with musicians way outta my league and i still got a solo in

Ahh, sunshine of your love. That was the first song I could play that sounded anything like the recording.

That was probably what kept me playing .
Still haven't learned the solo yet though...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

When i played a solo for a girl i went out with, I was so into it that i didn't notice i farted.
She laughed and said it was amazing (the solo)

Quote by etaksdal
When i played a solo for a girl i went out with, I was so into it that i didn't notice i farted.
She laughed and said it was amazing (the solo)

, so she did notice you farting?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

me and my friend constantly play gigs for our parents (which isn't all that exciting even though we treat it as if we were playing for 20,000 people) and he lives on a farm, so we took the opportunity to REALLY go for it, that was probably the best moment, playing in their HUUGE machinery shed.
Quote by floppypick
, so she did notice you farting?

She did, and it was pretty damn awkward.
Maybe that's why we don't talk anymore
Quote by Kyle.E
Realizing how much I sucked.

It pushed me.

the first post is always really funny, on every thread, EVERY THREAD
Quote by Telecaster7
me and my friend constantly play gigs for our parents (which isn't all that exciting even though we treat it as if we were playing for 20,000 people) and he lives on a farm, so we took the opportunity to REALLY go for it, that was probably the best moment, playing in their HUUGE machinery shed.

Hehe, as sort of silly as it sounds, I can imagine that being really fun. Being able to crank up the volume and play as loud as you want.

and to etaksdal, although that's sort of sad too...
Did you get a chance to, ...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by sirgaratis
Omg Do You Live In Wichita?

Me, because if so, no. The name sounds familiar, where abouts is it?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick