what the hell is a PAF?

and can someone tell me what a p-90 pickup is as well? is it just a standard gibson pickup or is there something special about it or something?
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

a p90 is a pickup that is a single coil but fits in a humbucking slot/pickup area
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Patent
Applied
For
Quote by bradulator
Clitoris?

Quote by HeyItsChenny
i smoked weed for the first time last night... it was awesome.

end of story.
Quote by B. Heath
a p90 is a pickup that is a single coil but fits in a humbucking slot/pickup area

pic/link?
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Patent Applied For as mentioned. These are the original Gibson pickups from 1957 to early '62. After that Gibson got a patent number.

PAFs are very inconsistent pickups. Various Alnico magnets were used, DC resistance varied quite a lot, all this results in different outputs and different tones. There was a PAF article in a Tone Quest report not long ago with a couple real 59 LPs, perfect example of the varied outputs.
Patent Number pickups became more consistent, most in the 7.4k-7.6k range with an A5 magnet. If you want a real PAF save a few grand, that's the going rate these days
PAF pickups are Humbuckers that were made before Seth lover actually had the Patent for them, so they were still applying for the patent. they vary in tone, some being amazing, some being muddy and shitty. nowadays, pickup manufactures like Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio make PAF reproductions. i don't think a picture is really needed because we all know what humbuckers look like.

P-90's were kind of predecessors to the PAF. tonally, they are somewhere between Single coils and Humbuckers. there are many different kinds, like humbucker shaped or Dogear, but they all sound about the same.

Dogear (the first one)

Soapbar

Humbucker sized

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
They are not single coils made to fit a humbucker size. They have a different sound then both and do noot fit either routing